CairnTalk

My how they grow!

ScruffynMag

I can't believe how the months have flown, Scruffy is a year old next month. I thought I'd post a couple of him as a baby and a recent one. Spot the difference!!

post-4904-0-04250400-1299961225_thumb.jp

post-4904-0-67463900-1299961277_thumb.jp

post-4904-0-78820500-1299961322_thumb.jp

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

HELP BRAD!!!! i don't know how I did that, I went in to edit the post and ended up with 3. Sorry, can you delete 2 of them?

Here we go, this is the proper post. He's 3 weeks, 8 weeks and the last one was taken yesterday. I was lucky that the breeder only lived close by and I went to see him every week from 3 weeks old onwards.

WOW! So cute!!!

Kenzie and Hollie say "Happy Birthday, handsome boy!!"

The only thing better than owning a Cairn is owning two!

His birthday is April the 6th but thank you in advance. original.gif I got a bit carried away with the posts cry.gif

I love photo's of puppies and can never get enough of seeing them and couldn't wait another month to post a picture of my little man when he was a baby.

He looks a proper young handsome man he does. Love the expressions he has. Yes, time does fly by but it's always more pleasant when we have a companion who makes us laugh. I'll wait to wish him a happy birthday. btw...glad to hear your back is healing and not as painful.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Isn't it something how quickly time flies? Scruffy has grown so much. I love the last picture of him, he looks so sweet! You'll have to do something special for him next month...Radar is waiting for his invitation :lol:

I love that baby picture, so adorable. He sure has grown into one handsome young man. Happy pre-birthday wishes.

Yes Laura, his name suits him whistle.gif especially lately, he's in need of a visit to the groomers but I do love the 'rough' look. Yep Hawkeye, we'll have to do something special next month, pity you're across the pond, I'm sure Scruff and Radar would be great pals!

It was great being able to visit Scruff from 3 weeks old, we have so many photo's of him from a young age and when you look back it's hard to believe how they change so much. The ears pop up, then the coat grows so much. At one point he was all legs and ears, typical gangly teenager, but he's filled out now. I love this breed so much and everyone's photo's of their Cairns. hug.gif

Idaho Cairns

I like the way Scruffy looks--I like that "natural" look myself but I have to admit, this winter both my dogs have really "haired up" and some major trimming and thinning has to take place around here. I don't know why this winter, which was relatively mild, inspired such heavy coats but my two look scraggly!

I think Scruff is a handsome fellow indeed--really well filled out, complete. Your pictures will give hope to all those members who have little ones with those wild hairs and ears that seem to go every which way. Cairn puppies can scare you to death appearance wise in that first nine months as they go thru the changeling period.

It's true isn't it Idaho, we do worry about them being all ears and legs and not looking Cairnish when they're just pups.

I always like the look of yours with their 'natural' coats

This one's for all of you that worry when they look all ears and legs! ohmy.gif We never thought he'd mature like he has. He was 12 weeks old on this one. We worried because he looked so gangly and skinny and his coat was almost smooth. Looking at him now, you'd never believe it's the same pup.

post-4904-0-39874600-1300143398_thumb.jp

He is so handsome :wub: ... brings back memories of when Jock was a baby. And you are so right, they grow up way to fast... although I must admit I rather like having a "mature" dog. They seem to know all your habits, moves and a daily patterns are the call of the day

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Cairn puppies can scare you to death appearance wise in that first nine months as they go thru the changeling period.

Very well said! :lol:

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Is anybody else mis-reading the title of this post when it's in the list? I keep thinking it's "My how they growl", which is another appropriate Cairn topic!

Loving all the pictures of the pups in their various stages. I think that's one of the only negatives about adopting a grown Cairn -- no puppy pictures! :(

That's so funny! Me too. And Gus is a very vocal boy. My how he growls (grunts, groans and moans, huffs and puffs).

I too keep reading it as growl - hummmm Layla very rarely growls - loud or unusual noises is definately one reason!

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Archived