CairnTalk

RIP Shamrock aka the Shamster

monti31579

17 years ago we picked up two beautiful little puppies from a breeder and named them Thistle and Shamrock. Thistle is the quiet, well behaved one and Sham is the crazy one. They were a wonderful twosome because they balanced each other out. When Shammie was 15 we had to put her down because she was filled with tumors and couldn't breath. She was my wonderful little love bug, a little neurotic but an awesome dog. We still have Thistle now age 17 but Shamrock is greatly missed even two years later.

You probably have figured out by now that your little Shamrock will always be missed but that's ok, it means that she was an important part of your lives--our lost dogs are always alive in our minds and hearts--exactly where they are supposed to be--the pain is simply that their physical presence is gone. I don't know of cure for that agony except time which dulls the sharp edges a bit. Wish I could help but, of course, there is no help except to say "I understand completely."

Thanks for sharing your feelings with those of us that now have a few moments to reflect on the sweet memories of our "Shamrocks". This is the consequence of opening our lives to these magnificent little creatures. We know we have to pay the piper eventually but, hopefully, understand that the dance is well worth the cost.

I am so sorry for your loss. This is a wonderful place to honor your little "Shammie". It sounds like she was a feisty, little cairn who lived a full, happy life.

What great names! I am glad that you had them in your lives and they are very thankful to you for keeping them both. Thistle is probably dreaming of all the good times with Sham. :) I am sorry that any of us have to loose them, but they are so lucky to of had a good home, good times and good love.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

thanks for writing in honor of your good girl even so long after her death. idaho is right, you will always miss her, but that is only because she will always be with you. she enriched your life and is continuing to do so.

Archived