CairnTalk

Auggie

cairnfan

I'm a new member and very thankful to have found this forum. We lost our beloved Auggie last January to a brain tumor. He lived a long, wonderful life (would have been 14 this Nov). He passed away very peacefully in our arms. I truly believe he is in dog heaven, once again doing the things he loves best: chasing squirrels, playing soccer, running through the hose or sprinkler, and playing with other pooches! For us, he was the best dog ever, and he will always be alive in our hearts. My husband, 2 kids, and I have found peace in remembering and talking about all of the funny, entertaining, and, yes, obnoxious things Auggie used to do. It has helped us overcome our tears with smiles and laughter. The up side is that we are looking forward to welcoming a brand new, cairn terrier puppy into our home mid March. I'm sure that Auggie would approve and is proud to know that another cairn will be around soon to look after his family! :wub: We love you Auggie Doggie!

post-5215-0-23963400-1298689118_thumb.jp

Auggie looks wonderful. I am sorry for your loss and I am sure that Auggie is happy that you will be welcoming in a new family Cairn member. How fun for you all. You will have to share your experience with us and introduce him/her to us. Seems that everybody is getting a puppy lately. I love puppy pictures. Take lots of pictures when your new babe comes home. Welcome to the forum!

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Rest in peace, Auggie. :hug:

It's so tough to lose a friend like Auggie but I'll bet he'd give a "paws up" to your choice of another Cairn. Can't wait to see your new pup! (And I'm sure there will be a little Auggie in him, too!)

My goodness...another upcoming puppy on the forum! How exciting is that...seems since I've joined, there have been at least four or five others who have new pups. Now I understand when everyone said - post puppy pictures and there are never enough. How right they are - cause now I'm thinking it too. Everyone said - get a camera/video - as they grow up so quickly - right again. Have you thought up a name yet? Is it a male or female?

I'm sorry for your loss of Auggie...it is a very difficult time and we never really get over it - time has a way of softening the loss. You may find that there are certain traits in your new puppy that will bring back memories of Auggie but hopefully you will laugh at his antics and realize that there is a little of Auggie in the new pup.

Pictures are a must - so don't forget the camera when it's time to bring home your new baby.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Augie. He looks like such a wonderful little companion, and I have no doubt that he brought your family such joy.

I believe our departed pups leave us a legacy of love that continues on when we welcome new pups into our homes. May the memory of your wonderful Augie always be close to your hearts, and may you find incredible joy with your new little one. :wub:

Archived