CairnTalk

What a little brat

Malcolm's Dad

When Malcolm gets a bone he has to take it right in front of the parrot cage. Parrots love to gnaw on bones too. Oscar, an Amazon parrot, gets very upset about this. He will squawk and holler and he says "I want food". So I have to get something for Oscar. Usually cheerios will calm him down.

Malcolm likes to torment Oscar. He looks at the bone and looks at Oscar like he is saying "I've got a bone and you don't". What a little brat. So I got some small bones for Oscar. The bones are for dogs. That's ok parrots think any kind of bone is just great. They don't crunch and swallow like a dog so there is no problem with a bone getting stuck in their throat or digestive system.

Last night I gave Malcolm his bone. He trots right in front of Oscar's cage as usual and starts the tormenting. Then I give Oscar his bone. Now they are both busy and quiet. I go back in the kitchen. Malcolm brings his bone back in the kitchen and settles on his mat under the kitchen table. I thought this is strange, better check on Oscar. Oscar is just fine, working on his bone busy as can be. Malcolm stayed in the kitchen working on his bone.

Then I thought he really is a little brat. Now it wasn't fun tormenting Oscar. He couldn't get Oscar to raise a fuss. Oscar was busy with his bone and wasn't paying any attention at all to Malcolm. So Malcolm figured he stay in the kitchen with me. If can't antagonize the bird then the heck with him.

Very cute story. You sure ruined his day and made Oscar's. :P Demps is the same way with Digger, except even if I give them both bones - Demps will go hide his bone and wait for Digger to be distracted or just set her bone down and little Demps will take it and go in the other room with it and he knows that Digger isn't allowed in the other rooms. Digger is so very tolerant of this little rascal. I feel sorry for Dig so I give her back her bone, give her a nice pet, tell her what a sweetheart she is and shut the door. Dempsy watches in disgust.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Cairns are such a crafty breed and DEFINITELY brats. We usually give Buffy (Cairn) and Ziggy (non-Cairn) a rawhide treat in the evening. Ziggy tears through his in record time; Buffy sometimes walks around with hers for a few minutes before settling down. Then she'll bring her rawhide out where Ziggy can see it just to taunt him. She'll even push it toward him with her nose (the little vixen!) and then snatch it away if he makes a move toward it. <_<

Then she'll bring her rawhide out where Ziggy can see it just to taunt him.

That says it all - Radar will taunt Bailey constantly with toys or chews. Yes...Brats!

I can certainly relate to this story - and a great story it is. I too used to have an African Gray, named Cookie and a dog, named Biskit and a cat named Oreo. But my story relates to an old boyfriend. The bird "Cookie" disliked this boyfriend so much that everytime he would come over to visit, the bird would sit inside its cage and growl at him - every time. Both the dog and cat would run for their lives when the bird was out of its cage.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Gosh the older one just sits chomping away and ignoring the pup! Another great video from Idaho!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Archived