CairnTalk

Spring Preview

jimnconnie

It's 52 degrees here in SE Mich. today, and supposed to be warmer tomorrow & Fri.! A lot of the snow has melted in the last few days, and our back yard should be a swamp by the weekend. Of course it will be an ice-rink again by next week. Sophie thinks it's Spring and she didn't waste any time today before she started digging in the grassy areas. When I let her back in the house she left a lovely trail of muddy foot prints across the floor before I could catch her and take her to the basement for a foot-bath :shock: . This is just a preview of what is to come when it warms up for good (can't be soon enough for me).

Jim

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Same here - Chicago area. Instead of picking snowballs off Buffy's coat I now have to wipe down her undercarriage and paws. Guess I don't do a good enough job on the paws, though, as evidenced by the state of my floors! <_<

We got up into the 60s today here in Missouri! :thumbsup: Downside is a yard that is like muddy soup..... But looking forward to spring!

Becky & Tanner

Wet and muddy here in Minnesota too -- actually a real treat after all the cold. T Bone, however, will not lie down with a wet belly, so we have to wait for him to dry off after his evening walk before we can give him his dinner. Behaving well before getting your dinner dinner is a requirement around here!

Warm here today in Maryland & it's forecast to be near 70 by Friday. Finn doesn't like the snow going away but he's hoping to spot a wabbit soon. Ain't life grand when you're a Cairn?!?!?!

50 degrees and snowing in Idaho--40mph winds, ground still frozen--we had our two nice days this winter and now it is back to business as usual.

I know I'm going to have a serious case of spring fever on Friday--it's supposed to be in the high 60s. I already told my boss that I'm taking the day off! Can't wait to take the boys for a nice long walk.

Well of course I had to add my two cents - it's still cool here - high 32 degrees today. I'm waiting for tomorrow - as all you westerners (as I'm in Maine - everyone is West :confused: ) are experiencing this warmer weather - we'll have that starting tomorrow and Friday. I have no idea how Layla will react to the warmer weather. She absolutely loves the cold and it's tough getting her inside - she would love to stay out all day. Unfortunately our driveway is not paved so when the eventual thaw arrives, it is mud city for a few weeks. Not looking forward to that with Layla.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

I can't stand the cold. It was just getting to be reasonable here (finally got up to 80 the other day) and now it's supposed to drop back down into the 60's and could rain any of the days between now and Sunday. YUCK! I like nice hot sunshine and temps above 85! Although with all the clouds tonight our sunset was phenominal. If you ever see a post card of an AZ sunset, they look a 100 times better in person.

Here in Mass we are suppose to hit 50 today and 55 tomorrow. However still have about 2' of snow; melting fast. Poor Pegi jumps on snow piles, only to sink in! She just doesn't get the freeze one day/melt next day cycle! And she is a mud ball after her walks; need to get a facecloth and wash the paws and belly. She's not a fan of that....but we are not fans of mud and sand all over the house. In this case the uprights win.

Linda & Pegi

Middle Tennessee warmed up this week. Supposed to be near 70 today but WINDY! I'm glad it's getting light earlier - running after a furkid in the dark at 6am has been challenging!

I'm thrilled the temps have reach 50 today in Connecticut! We are melting too, but still have a long way to go. I hate to say it but they are talking the "s" word again for next Monday.

Lindasue -- To help keep Pegi somewhat cleaner during your walks you could put her in a jacket/shirt that covers the belly. Mine wear their jackets more during mushy wet weather just to kept them from picking up so much dirt. I got that idea from our neighbor, he puts a man's t-shirt on their golden for the same reason.

here in Seattle, all we've had in months of rain. One decent snow right before Thanksgiving. My backyard is a swamp. Of course, my Cairns couldn't care less and come inside as a muddy mess. I'm ready for things to dry out a bit, but we've still got a couple more months of yuck :(

The only thing better than owning a Cairn is owning two!

Archived