CairnTalk

Squeaky Shoes

2littleterrors

I'm not sure how many of you have toddlers around you. Or if you've heard of shoes with squeakers in the soles. My daughter has a pair of them; they squeak every time she takes a step. They're pretty funny and really great for in big crowds when we want to keep track of her! She hasn't worn them since before Christmas, so I had pretty much forgotten about them. When she's worn them in the past, it's never been a big deal. None of my dogs have been too hot on the whole squeaky toy thing. That is, until we got Hollie! Hollie will sit and squeak a toy until it's dead.

So... Clara (that's my daughter) was in her room playing. I heard squeaking and thought she found a toy that we had hidden. Hollie also heard the squeaking and promptly high tailed it to Clara's room. The squeaking continued, so I asked Clara to bring me the toy. All of a sudden, the squeaking was louder and faster. I went to look down the hall, and here comes Clara, in her squeaky shoes, with Hollie RIGHT behind her. So Clara is walking around the house, squeaking with every step. And Hollie is right behind her, eyeing the shoes. I think I'm going to have to hide the shoes once she finally takes them off, so they don't become a dog chew!!

The only thing better than owning a Cairn is owning two!

The Holy Grail for Cairn Terriers is the a squeaky--whether to make a squeak or to forcefully extract a squeak from an object--IT IS WHAT THEY DO!

My Holly would be competing with your Hollie for those shoes! Clara will have a devoted follower!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

That does conjure up a great picture - Sanford I can also see you and Ruffles although it would probably get tired fast with a dog nipping at your heels. Layla does that automatically without the squeaks - and we are constantly saying NO - no bite.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Maybe that's what we all need when we take our cairns for walks - no leash required. :P ...... till they get bored anyway. And yes, great mental pic.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

It was just about the funniest sight I've ever seen. Clara would run giggling thru the house, with Hollie right on her heals! She was absolutely loving it! The nice thing is, Hollie wasn't nipping. She's the gentlest dog I've ever had. She just chases her, with her head cocked sideways as if she's trying desperately to figure out how to get the shoes off the kid without hurting the kid!

The only thing better than owning a Cairn is owning two!

Archived