CairnTalk

KShep

KShep

About 3 weeks ago I found a little terrier on Petfinder.com. Unfortunately, she was adopted the day before I was set to go to Houston to pick her up. Having already "nested" and prepared for her arrival, my husband encouraged me to look for a puppy on our local classifieds website. It was there that I found the Cairn Terrier puppies, and that evening, I got my Ripley!

We named her after Sigourney Weaver in Alien. My husband, Kenneth, is a big movie buff, and this is a favorite for the both of us! She is now 10 weeks old and a joy. Kenneth and I were married in March of last year, and this is another exciting adventure for us.

We are having a big freeze in Southeast Texas this week, so we are keeping Ripley bundled up!

Here is our precious furbaby!

-Katie-

post-5157-0-85187900-1296710064_thumb.jp

post-5157-0-32255600-1296710093_thumb.jp

post-5157-0-84921500-1296710175_thumb.jp

That middle picture says it all! What a sharp looking little girl your Ripley--head up, ears up, tail up--she's raring to go. Love it.

She is adorable!! Congrats on your new adventure! If you've never owned a Cairn before, you'll love them. I love my two rescues, but I'm itching to get a pup to raise.

The only thing better than owning a Cairn is owning two!

Another lovely pup! I think you will enjoy Ripley and become very attached to Cairns!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Congratulations on finding a beautiful puppy. I too am experiencing my first Cairn who is now 10 months old and we are so pleased we picked this breed. She's gorgeous!

Ripley is such an adorable little girl - Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Her wardrobe is already growing I see. I can tell you from experience whether it's your first cairn or fourth cairn it is absolutely the best feeling. Enjoy!

Ripley is absolutely adorable. I too have my first cairn Layla who is 4 1/2 months old. What a treat you have in store for you. Welcome to the forum and I'm sure you will derive lots of enjoyment and advice from this site. Good Luck with your little bundle of joy! Cute sweater - I didn't realize they made them this small. :thumbsup:

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Ripley is absolutely adorable. I too have my first cairn Layla who is 4 1/2 months old. What a treat you have in store for you. Welcome to the forum and I'm sure you will derive lots of enjoyment and advice from this site. Good Luck with your little bundle of joy! Cute sweater - I didn't realize they made them this small. :thumbsup:

Walmart- $5! I love a bargain

That is a great picture of the three dogs! Ripley does look cute with the Danes! Thanks for sharing it

Please ignore previous post - have replied wrongly!

Should say that I think your avatar pic is very cute!!

Such a cutie!! Welcome to the Forum.

#2 photo with the tail ... I think she's pointing to herself with the tip of her tail saying ... look at - I'm adorable!!!!

Hi everyone,

Couldn't resist a little late night update. I have been on the forum for hours reading stories and looking at pictures. I read one story of a girl who had to give her pup away as it turned into too much responsibility.

Having a puppy is a lot of hard work, and despite how much I wanted her, that first week I grieved the change it would bring to my lifestyle and fretted over whether or not I made a bad decision.

However, this has been such a positive experience for me! I am away for the weekend leaving the puppy under the care of my husband, and I miss her like crazy! She's all I can talk about. It's amazing the bond that develops when you weren't even looking. I take it one day at a time and find that we are gradually adjusting to our new circumstances.

I am happy :) , and also, I have a renewed Wizard of Oz obsession. I guess that's not an uncommon thing amongst Cairn owners. Toto for the win!

• 8 months later...

Ripley update

Here is baby Ripley at 7 weeks old taking a nap in my jeans. I wanted to keep an eye on her while I took a bath. So I put a towel down, but she curled up in my pants instead.

post-5157-0-16241200-1318621271_thumb.jp

10.5 Months Old- In a new sweater just in case we have cold days in the next few months. $5.99 Ross- (Do you love it? I love it! I got it at Ross!!) This is the "I hate you, Mom." face btw......and my foot!

post-5157-0-58176600-1318621306_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my goodness . . . she is too adorable for words. I'm having surgery tomorrow and that little bundle of fluff in her cute little sweater was just the thing I needed to see to cheer me up.

"as far as i am concerned cairns are the original spirit from which all terriers spring, and all terriers are cairns very deep down inside." pkcrossley

Cairns do NOT like wearing clothing--even from Ross! They do however love sleeping in human clothing on the floor. Love that mask on the baby picture.

Archived