CairnTalk

Dontcha wish you were a Cairn?

Sandi16

I always told my first dog, Ginger (not a Cairn) that I was going to come back as her after my death. Now that I have a Cairn, Sassy, maybe I can come back as a mixed breed. What I wouldn't do to be able to sleep 15 hours a day and get belly rubs for no reason, treats and well you can guess the rest.

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

Work was cancelled yesterday b/c of snow and what the two of mine did all day was pathetic. Move from the sofa to the sunbeam then back to the sofa. Then their's the third one...the "Kid"(Radar)and he's still young enough to want to play in the snow, play indoor fetch and just get into all sorts of things. It was a real treat having mommy home all day.

I'd be in heaven if I had Buffy's life. 2 full meals a day prepared by your personal chef (not including treats every time you do something remotely correct), your choice of any bed, sofa or chair (complete with blankets to muss)to sleep on, love and attention whenever you want it, a chauffeur to take you to the dog park so you can play with your friends . . . the list goes on and on. I wouldn't mind doing a role reversal once in a while! :thumbsup:

We understand how these Cairns follow the sun on these lazy winter days Yesterday there was a Cairn stack on the stairs--warming those bones. Of course, if a human needs to go upstairs there is the usual "What's your problem?" look.

DSCN0057.JPG

No kidding what a life :thumbsup:

Idaho you have the most amazing pics... and your two Cairns are obviously attached at the hip :party:

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I'm beginning to understand when they say "it's a dogs life." Layla, as well, gets THREE meals a day, puppy play anytime she requests it (it's either that or she tries to chew your arm off!) - treats (like hheldorfer says) for remote good behavior - winter coats so she won't get cold - toys in abundance - blankets to ward off the cold air - pillows for her tiny head to lay on and to top it off - a down-filled pillow in her crate to sleep on along with a fleece blankie. Phew...need I say more? I'm sure there are still more that I'm drawing a blank on.

Idaho Cairns - do you actually walk around with your camera strapped to your belt? :thumbsup: You have great pictures for every occassion. Love the lolling on the stairs in the sun pose and know what you mean when they give you the "look."

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

I honestly wish I could transform into a DOG one day and play with fonzy for just one day..... same height/weight so it's a even match (Playing wise) it'd be so fun.. i love my little dog god bless him

9yNb8di.jpg
Click to show the full size image!

Gang, I'm retired, have a digital camera on my lamp stand by the recliner, it is winter and I'm a golfer--I have nothing else to do, unlike normal busy folks, so I take pictures of my dogs. Come Spring and I will be busy more of the time.

What I'm learning, looking at your pictures and reading your posts is that Cairns seem to be very much alike in behavior--at least much more alike than different. I really find that to be fun--when you guys bring something up, I can relate most of the time, I've either been there are am going thru it at the time.

Love the pictures!

I had the last 2 days off due to the weather and it was so sweet to just curl up on the couch and cuddle with Tanner ~ they sure are easy to spoil!

Becky & Tanner

Archived