CairnTalk

Mickey

mickey

The day that I brought Mickey home from. I've always had large breed dogs so I really wasn't expecting to fall for him like I have. It was his big brown puppy-dog eyes that did it for me. We didn't have an appropriate harness and leash so our neighbor let us borrow the pink and purple. Now he sports all black and has survived without any gender identity issues.

DSCN8844.jpg

Hanging out with my daughter.

DSCN8851.jpg

Waiting to go for a walk.

DSCN8858.jpg

Wow, two real beauties in your house! How neat. Little girls and Cairns just seem to go together--enjoyed the pictures very much. Is Mickey a rescue???

Welcome aboard.

Wow, two real beauties in your house! How neat. Little girls and Cairns just seem to go together--enjoyed the pictures very much. Is Mickey a rescue???

Welcome aboard.

Sort of a rescue. The young couple that had him previously were living in a house where they were not supposed to have a dog so he was spending too much time in the garage. He was obviously well loved and cared for but they just couldn't keep him. Along with the dog t gave me two crates, toys, blankets, food, and a full medical history. He's crate trained, house-broken, completely socialized with other dogs and kids, and loves nothing more than sitting next to us on the couch resting his head on our laps. The ideal dog for our small house and busy life with 3 kids.

Wonderful and lucky you! I think you are going to find that this was one of those fortuitous moments that will have you wondering how you managed to get so lucky. You'll discover as a big dog lover, Cairns are really big dogs in small bodies.

He is just beautiful and he must have been very difficult to give up. Love the color as well. I'm really excited for you and your family!

Wonderful and lucky you! I think you are going to find that this was one of those fortuitous moments that will have you wondering how you managed to get so lucky. You'll discover as a big dog lover, Cairns are really big dogs in small bodies.

He is just beautiful and he must have been very difficult to give up. Love the color as well. I'm really excited for you and your family!

Fortuitous is right. I don't recall how many trips to the local humane society I made while looking. I responded to countless Craigslist postings, only to find the dog already placed or find a backyard breeder asking hundreds. To find this guy, so perfect our family, so well cared for, and being given away, was some sort of miracle. Call it karma, divine intervention, or random luck, it has worked out well. It's pretty cool to see how much joy a 17 pound lump of love can bring to a family. And he seems pretty happy with us too.

What lovely pictures of both. I can tell you got the cairn fever - they do that to us you know. Mickey sounds like the perfect dog for your household and he will give you so much in return. Congrats on your first cairn and welcome to the forum!

That really is karma - he was meant for you and your family! I love his coloring (reminds me of my first Cairn). Enjoy your 17 lbs of love :)

Oh my goodness - what a cutie! Luck is sure on your side. I wish you and your family much joy and know you will enjoy your baby and all the antics and giggles that are sure to come. Welcome to the forum - you will really like it here and lots of advice when you stumble and need help.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

What a cutie!

We too had a large breed - faithful, obedient, always followed commands Labrador before our Cairn. We were in the process of downsizing and moving to Florida. We fell in love with the breed description, found this board, and found our new family member, Murphy.

I, too, did think that I would fall for him, but one day, he was laying on my chest on the couch, and those little eyes so full of love looked into mine, and I was hooked. :wub::wub:

Congrats on your new family member!!!

They do seem to have that way about them don't they? Those beautiful brown eyes just melt you. Mickey is adorable.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Archived