CairnTalk

More New Year's resolutions

hheldorfer

1. I will not give in to my Cairn tugging at my sleeve and giving me her best "cute look" by letting her out in the yard when I know darned well she doesn't need to pee or poo and the only reason she's going outside is to bark her fool head off at the squirrels.

2. I will not add steak and baked potato to my Cairn's dish just because she turns up her nose at perfectly good dog food.

3. One rawhide chew per day - that's all, dammit!

4. I will walk right by the cute, fluffy dog toys in the store and not be tempted to spend $8.99 on something that my Cairn will destroy within 10 minutes.

5. "Come" means "COME!" Once I've said it, I shall not tolerate any more Cairn lollygagging, yawning, stretching, sniffing, intense lawn examination or pondering the beautiful sunset.

If you abide by all your resolutions you will have to buy a lab :P

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

You are toooo funny. Love #5 - you sound like me - come means come - at least I could instill that in my daughter - the puppy - nah!

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Love your wish list!

COME in Cairn language is ... STAY PUT and STARE. Or RUN IN OPPOSITE DIRECTION. Am I right?

I've had three Cairns now ... and COME only works when there's FOOD!

It works when bully sticks are involved, too! :thumbsup:

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Love your wish list!

COME in Cairn language is ... STAY PUT and STARE. Or RUN IN OPPOSITE DIRECTION. Am I right?

In Buffy's language I believe "come" means "turn away and look extremely disinterested, as if the person saying it is a complete stranger with whom you'd rather not be associated". :P

I have found that "I'm leaving, BYE!!!" works better than "Come" for Gus!

Love the resolutions - I'm working on #1 too. Gus will stand at the door and groan whenever the neighbour's cat goes by.

When did you all meet Sassy without me seeing you?

COME in Cairn language is ... STAY PUT and STARE. Or RUN IN OPPOSITE DIRECTION. Am I right? ... and COME only works when there's FOOD!

It works when bully sticks are involved, too! :thumbsup:

In Buffy's language I believe "come" means "turn away and look extremely disinterested, as if the person saying it is a complete stranger with whom you'd rather not be associated". :P

I have found that "I'm leaving, BYE!!!" works better than "Come" for Gus!

Sassy Jan 22, 2005

AM. CH. THARRBARR LITE MY FIRE ZOMERHOF

What I dont get is they are not supposed to understand our language... huh that is so wrong!!! Jock has decided that the word "cookie" is not worth coming in for any more... the new word that gets instant attention is "snack". What gives? Does he have a Cairn to Human dictionary stuck inside that wooly coat of his :twisted:

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Idaho Cairns

Yes, there is an entire list of words that cannot be spoken here---"treat", "go", "ride", "walk", have to be spelled and that's fine except saying "G" and "O" doesn't work because the "O" results in immediate ear perking and intense staring.

I can make no resolutions for my dogs, they are what they are and will not change--I have to change if I want change in this household.

HaHa!!! Great resolutions!! Finn is just turning 6 months Saturday so, since our heads are still whirling from puppy-hood, we never thought of resolutions. But hubby said yesterday that Finn was right on target so far with his resolutions, i.e., to train the humans better. It took him 5 days to realize that he's recently been doing, without questioning, everything the Cairn-Boy wants, when he wants it. ;)

Archived