CairnTalk

Cairn vs. Claus

TazTalk

When we've been walking Taz the past couple of weeks, we go by a Santa in a neighbor's yard ... and Taz has a VERY strong reaction! It brings joy to the entire neighborhood! :lol:

Oh yeah... Jock would be right beside Taz trying to "kill" Santa :twisted:

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

I feel exactly the same way as Taz about Christmas--good for him--at least his objection is right out front, not under his breath!

my neighbors have a blow up santa with a surfboard (we do live at the beach!) paisley HATES it. shes scared to death...especially when its not blown up and the wind is blowing it around. same reaction but she wont get that close!! too funny :santa2:

**Ila and Paisley**

That is precious - he gets right into it. Poor Santa - he must have done something terrible to upset Taz to that extent. Layla had no idea what was going on but her ears sure stood up hearing him.

Husband and dog missing ...25 cents reward for dog

Go Taz, go! How funny!

I haven't noticed any Santas in the neighborhood but Buffy is very suspicious of the nativity scene in one yard. She growls at Jesus, Mary and Joseph! :shy:

Just played the video and Pegi is running around barking! Like Buffy she has the same reaction to a nativity set in our neighborhood; not sure who she doesn't like....could be the shepards!

Linda & Pegi

is taz from pennsylvania by any chance? in pennsylvania we had the evil santa, belsnickel. looks like taz has spotted him trying to disguise himself as the good santa! good work taz!

Brilliant video laugh.gif We have a singing Santa, he stands about a foot high, all furry and soft. Scruffy goes nuts just at the sight of him and that's before we set him off singing. Santa is hidden in the cupboard at the moment and all we have to say is "Where's Santa"........he runs straight to the cupboard and barks his little head off!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

They are funny little creatures - Kirby get very suspicious of any "changes" in the neighborhood. Currently it's the gate Christmas wreaths that he has to inspect every morning. Today, I caught him trying to steal an ornament off the tree (I tried to put them higher than a cairn), had it just barely into the teeth - when I said "what are you doing" he looked very contrite :twisted: Maybe I should have bought him the Lil Grinch suit at Petco afterall!

Last year Zekey kept barking at a big blow-up Winnie the Pooh. This year, I've driven past at blow-up little silver trailer with Santa in the door -- I'll have to walk Zekey and Gav by THAT one and see their reaction!

Mett and Bratt cannot stand those white wire deer with the lights... you know the ones where the heads move....

Mett got close to one, he peed on it! LOL

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Funny video (and accurate!) We have a old fashion santa about 2' tall that Fudgie hates. At home she wants to kill it. If I take it to my parents with her, she is scared of it. All we have to do is set santa in front of the door and she will not bark at the neighbors or UPS or anything. Hunkers down and goes in another room. Or if she starts acting up, someone will say, "you want me to go get santa?" and off she goes to the corner!

Packy always barks at the fake deer people have in their yards. Not the Christmas ones, the ones they leave out all year round.

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

The odd thing about this particular Santa - he is so plain compared to many of the other decorations that have more sparkle, or move. Yesterday, Taz started pulling and "caroling" well before he could even see the Santa - he totally knows when it's coming up.

So then I was wondering if it was the color, but there are many other red decorations out there. And I always had thought dogs can't see much color, mostly B&W. I did a little googling and found that they can't see red. This chart shows the difference between dogs and humans.

So, it really in strange how these dogs get fired up about certain objects. Bit of a mystery.

post-3864-0-46762200-1292773290_thumb.jp

Well, being a cairn owner, I had a pretty good idea of where this video was going & lowered the volume before I even started it, LOL. Oh, that Santa would send Ellie over the edge, too. A friend of mine who watches Ellie for me sometimes has a Buddha statue in her neighborhood. Ellie can't pass by it without doing the exact same thing. I tell her that that is not good for karma!

Love the video... I will send the link to that friend near the Buddha statue, she'll crack up.

Do other breeds of dogs do this?

This was a video I took of Ellie when she was just a puppy.... Taz reminded me of it. This kind of thing still goes on at our house original.gif

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaRpuSOw2lk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaRpuSOw2lk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaRpuSOw2lk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I am going to try & "embed" this... don't know if it will work... if not, I'll try again.

Okay... I tried. Didn't work. How do you get the video screen to show up? I used the embed code???

Thanks to anyone who may know

You can't embed HTML directly into Cairn Talk (for security reasons). Use the "media" tag in the posting form (media.png) and just paste in the URL from the YouTube video you're looking at.

Also: terribly cute! :P

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club | 2025 Calendar

Thanks for the help. Hopefully, I will remember this in the future!

What state does Taz live in? It looks warm there... we've been in snow here in Chicago for 2 weeks now.

His poor little body is just tense and shaking with attitude. Demps get the same way with changes - even in the house. Great video.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

What state does Taz live in?

Taz is a desert dog -- we live in Phoenix. Taz has been doing a little snow dance, but not likely to happen!

Archived