CairnTalk

Seeking Cairn Breeder Near SW Ohio

string theorist

Greetings Folks,

My name is Steve and I live near Dayton, OH. It's been six years since my previous Cairn, Bitsy was stolen :( and I think it's time for a new addition to my home, however, I am having a difficult time finding a reputable breeder in the SW Ohio area.

There is only one breeder listed in Ohio (North Eastern Ohio) on the Breeder Referral portion of this site. I have contacted her and she isn't expecting puppies in the near future.

I'm not in any particular rush or anything, but if anyone knows someone in my area they can suggest to me, it would be appreciated. Please email me through this board.

Thanks!

It sounds like you are patient which is a great thing. So sorry to hear about Bitsy :(

Couple of tips: consider widening your area by a few states, and also consider attending a few dog shows. At shows you will meet breeders and exhibitors most of whom generally come from your general geography. I've found that in-person networking leads to many more possibilites than are apparent by calling or emailing. But it does take time and a certain terrier-like persistence :P

Someday I plan to write a short tutorial describing how to use the AKC site to find an upcoming show, then how to determine if there is a Cairn entry, how many there are, what time they show, and in which ring. If someone beats me to it, I'd probably sticky that post with gratitude.

(I'm posting this here as it's general advice. As always, specific breeder referrals must go to the poster by email or PM. )

Good luck!

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Hi- Sending you a PM

Greetings Folks,

My name is Steve and I live near Dayton, OH. It's been six years since my previous Cairn, Bitsy was stolen :( and I think it's time for a new addition to my home, however, I am having a difficult time finding a reputable breeder in the SW Ohio area.

There is only one breeder listed in Ohio (North Eastern Ohio) on the Breeder Referral portion of this site. I have contacted her and she isn't expecting puppies in the near future.

I'm not in any particular rush or anything, but if anyone knows someone in my area they can suggest to me, it would be appreciated. Please email me through this board.

Thanks!

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Archived