CairnTalk

I love my new grooming table

kayharley

I set it up in our garage today and did some major stripping....ugh! Now I can see why groomers want so much money to do it. I went slow and only pulled the really long hairs but Madison was not loving it, especially legs/underside. What was nice was being able to do both sides of her without a major struggle.

I may get one of those harnesses that keep them from sitting while being groomed. Just can't seem to get near the tail area. :shy: Guess I can't blame her.

Guest abbycairn

Grooming is time consuming. Do you have a thinning scissors? You really should not try to pull hair from her underside. It must hurt a LOT. Even for show grooming most people do not pull that hair. Use the thinning scissors and cut the hair that hangs down her sides near her belly and also the hairs on her belly.

For the tail I don't try to tackle it all at once - I pull a few hairs, go on to an area that is less sensitive (like the back) and then go back again.

Below the "knee" I also use thinning sheers rather than stripping hair. It's a cheat but it works out fine.

Stacey

Archived