CairnTalk

Home again!

hheldorfer

We returned yesterday from a 3-day stay at a hotel while our floors were being refinished - the last step in repairing a LOT of storm damage we had in June. Buffy and Ziggy spent their time at a kennel. (There are pet-friendly hotels in town but we do not have hotel-friendly dogs.) Since returning home, Buffy has been the most well-behaved, sweetest Cairn imaginable. I don't know if she's just exhausted from the kennel stay or if she's worried that she'll be sent back if she doesn't behave. She was wonderful while staying outside during the furniture move-in, she actually ate her entire dinner when it was provided and she's been offering generous licks and cuddles. I asked DH if he was sure he picked up the right dog! :D

Ziggy's been equally good - trotted into the house, sniffed each room, then crashed on the couch.

I know this won't last, but I'm enjoying it!

I bet Buffy and Ziggy are so happy to be back in their home. Loved how Ziggy checked out each room before taking a nap. Bet there little brains were working overtime big time. You all enjoy being back home and I am sorry that you had to go through storm damage. Yuk.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

I know when I was separated from my dogs for a few months when I came back I though someone had seriously switched them with different dogs. They were the most attentive and sweet little dogs EVER. :innocent: But it only lasted a few weeks and they went back to being little hooligans. :twisted:

sorry about your floor but at least it is fixed now!

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

Buffy and Ziggy have met more contractors and workmen in the past two months than I've ever seen in my life. Luckily, most of the people working here were "dog people" and didn't mind the attention from two crazed terriers. We're rewarding ourselves and the dogs for all of this chaos by installing a fence around the back yard within the next few weeks. :)

Archived