CairnTalk

AKC Registration Question

wheezie23

I have a question. :huh: I didn't register Zoe b/c I had her spayed and she wasn't a show dog. She was my pet. However, do they need to be registered to participate in other competitions, such as agility and earth dog? Thanks in advance! :)

thela

Yes, they need to be registered.

For others who wish to participate in Companion and Performance events (agility, earthdog, junior showmanship, obedience and rally, tracking) - even if your purebred Cairn is not registerable in the usual way (due to rescue, withheld papers, etc) you can still register your dog with a great AKC program called Indefinite Listing Privilege.

The AKC, ILP and You

Many people have discovered the fun of teaming up with their dogs and competing in AKC Events. But, not all of those wonderful canine athletes that you see at these events are registered with the AKC. Some might be enrolled in the AKC's Indefinite Listing Privilege (ILP), a program that allows unregistered dogs of registerable breeds to compete in AKC Performance and Companion Events.

If you have a purebred dog that cannot be registered with the AKC and have a desire to see what your dog can do in real competition, an ILP number is your ticket to the world of AKC events and clubs!

The program is explained here: ILP Explained.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived