CairnTalk

I squirrel hunt in my back yard

Fudgie

Every morning, every afternoon and every evening I squirrel hunt in my very own back yard! My mom even puts out seed in bird feeders to attract the squirrels. She thinks she is feeding the birds....ha ha! I haven't caught one yet, but I know I will someday!

Gone Hunting,

Fudgie

waiting and ready:

DSC_0027.jpg

I know it's up there:

DSC_0016.jpg

Fabulous pictures of Fudgie! Very familiar poses (the morning coffee one too).

What a beautiful dog.

The squirrels are beginning to be very active around here - frustrating for Cairns!

He is a beautiful dog. No wonder he likes snoozers. I suppose all those squirrel hunts are wearing him out. :P I have faith in you Fudgie!! You will get one someday! (or maybe dad will have to buy you a squeakie squirrel as your booboo trophy.)

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

Idaho Cairns

Classy! Love the color of that dog and I want to know how you "framed" those internet photos! The above is a great presentation.

Fortunately for my girls, the trees in our back yard are much smaller--they would be frustrated by that big old tree you have.

Beautiful pictures of a very handsome Fudgie! It must be a relief to know you are so well protected from all those terrifying squirrels.

Familiar poses and expressions! Lovely photos

[it is a Puppia harness - Holly has one the same colour!]

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Fudgie, maybe you'll get that squirrel one day! :thumbsup:

Paisley hunts squirrels, too....and golfers! (We live on a golf course and she loves to stare them down and bark a little to let them know she's there)

**Ila and Paisley**

I too was interested in the harness. It looks like it fits so well. Would love to know what brand it is.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

The harness as I said is same as Holly has - interesting that you can get them both sides of Atlantic! It is made by Puppia and here they cost about £18 - not sure where you buy them in the States but if you google Puppia I am sure you would find them. They are well made and comfy for dog. I got a medium size for Holly.

However, I mainly use it on Holly when weather is cold/wet/snowy as it gives more protection underneath and use a strappy harness at present which is cooler.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Too funny! Max likes to sniff all over the yard for the rabbits that run through it along with the freaking stray cats. We've got one that camps out and I scare off just about every morning when I take Max out or come home from work.

The harness is a Puppia harness, medium size. It can be bought off of Amazon or a lot of other sites. Just check prices. Also, go to the Puppia and Four Paws site and see all of the vairety of harness and colors there are to pick from! I also have a "Four Paws" harness for Fudgie in large. The large will slip off of her head way too easy, so it's hardly ever used. However, I do like the way it is made. It seems to be more breathable. They are a great harness. I don't think I would ever use any other type. Regular harness's just seem so bulky and uncomfortable looking!

Thanks on Fudgie's looks! I do not do any special grooming. Just brushing and the Mars "rake". I will try to clip some fly away hairs when she is calm, but that is very hard to do. I let the vet clip her nails. She hates being fussed with, with brushes, etc. and really hates a bath, but will lay in a wading pool forever!

The frames on the pictures: I use Photobucket to upload the pictures. Once uploaded, you can edit the picture. That is when I add the frames. Photobucket is free and there are about 9 frames to pick from. Very easy! I'm sure any program like that, flicker, whoever will let you add frames.

Four Paws

Puppia

Archived