CairnTalk

Kooper is sad

tk223

This weekend I had to help my beautiful, sweet, gentle Golden, Bailey cross the rainbow bridge....my cairn Kooper seems inconsolable. I have never seen him so sad. Thankfully he eats and drinks, but has slept so much the past 3 days, will not play,follows me everywhere, and sits in the window looking outside. I know dogs can feel loss too, since it seems this is what is going on with Koop.

Anyways, although I don't post often, I do keep up with the forums. I know that each and everyone of you understand the pain of losing not only a pet but a member of the family-a gentle loving soul.

Idaho Cairns

Very sorry as well. One cure I have found for mourning pets and mourning humans is a new puppy--they do ease the pain considerably. I know it is too early for that advice but you might want to consider it in the next couple of months.

Please accept my sympathy on the loss of Bailey. It's terribly hard, I know, and I'm sure it's even worse knowing that Kooper is heartbroken. It will be a little while before he comes out of it, but it will happen. Licks to you from Buffy and Ziggy.

Murphy and I are very sorry for your loss. I do know there are some pretty awesome dogs that went across that bridge already for your Bailey to hang out with.

I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved Golden, Bailey. It is so very painful to say farewell to such a gentle and loving soul. I know your little Kooper is missing Bailey, as well. My Lab, Gracie, was despondent after my little Min Pin, Ralphie, passed away in 2008. With lots of extra attention and walks, she gradually adjusted to the loss.

Sending hugs to you and Koop.

So sorry about Bailey. The loss of one of our "babies" is very difficult.

I agree w/ Idaho Cairns. When we lost Bandit, Gypsy was 12 and very sad the first few weeks. She'd stay by the front door all day long - seemed to be waiting for him.

We had planned to wait several months to get another dog, get through the holidays and all that. But just 3 weeks after losing Bandit, we got a new puppy. We were so glad we did - both for us and Gypsy. Everyone's grieving time differs, but do consider bringing in a new family member if you are able to, at whatever point makes sense for you :)

I'm very sorry to hear about your Bailey, it has to be one of the hardest decision for a pet owner. I agree that the dogs feel the loss of their companions.

Give Koop some extra hugs and kisses.

I am very sorry to hear of Kooper & your loss. I hope that time will help heal the wounds for the both of you and that little Kooper will bounce back to his normal self soon. :)

Very sorry for the loss of Bailey. It makes it especially difficult, knowing you can't explain things to Kooper. I lost one of my 17 year old cats a few weeks ago, and his brother mopes about, seeking me out for attention, as if I could help him understand.

In time, you'll know what to do. In the meanwhile, extra hugs and kisses to Kooper.

So very sorry. It is so very hard. :( Bailey can never be replaced - they are all so individually special. Give Kooper all the hugs, scratches, pats and squeekies that he can stand. You are in our thoughts.

Elsie, Max, Meeko & Lori

so sorry to hear about your loss, and so sad for Kooper! He will feel better soon! I agree with adding a new family member sooner than later, but everyone is different. After my maltese passed away, I decided to search for a new dog the next day. I ended up with my Cairn 2 months later...I just missed the little feet running around! Keep your head up and give Kooper plenty of love! :hug:

**Ila and Paisley**

I am sorry for the loss of your Bailey also. Pets sure do become loved family members. My son just said this morning that it's too bad that pets can't live forever. He sure loves his dogs and is so kind hearted towards animals. Hope you and Kooper do ok as the grieving eases with time.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is very difficult to loose our special friends. I know it's hard to loose Bailey and then see Kooper so sad. When Tuk passed our cat, Robyn, was very upset for a couple weeks. She loved him very much. We are keeping you and Kooper in our thoughts.

Archived