CairnTalk

We love and miss you Rudy

elka2

Our sweet little boy, Rudy, passed away this morning. He was only 3 years old. He was such a delightful fellow, always happy and so full of mischief. The house seems way too quiet and empty today. Everywhere I look I am reminded of him, from his water dish to squeaky dog to his green blankie. It's so hard because he wasn't sick until yesterday, and even then he was still running around the yard. When I got up this am he was near death. I rushed to the emergency vet but the vet never had a chance to find what happened. Vet said he appeared to be in septic shock and may have gotten something poison. I feel so bad that I didn't take him to vet yesterday, but even though he didn't seem to feel good, he was still active until bedtime. He just turned down his food and was drinking more water than usual. I had decided to wait till today to see if he was better, but that turned out to be too late.

Finding this forum has given me some comfort.

I just want to express my gratefulness for the 3 years of joy, laughter and delight he brought to our lives. We love you Rudy (PawPaw) and will carry you in our hearts forever.

We are so sorry to hear of your loss. Such a sudden death is especially devestating, as you are totally unprepared for it. There was no way that you could have known what was going to happen. Rudy's symptoms could have been evident in any of a number of minor illnesses. Rudy blessed you with 3 years of love, and memories that will be with you forever.

Jim & Connie

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you can find comfort in this difficult time.

Brianne

The world revolves around Benny and Sally...or so they think!

So very sorry to hear about Rudy, especially the suddenness of it all! May joyful memories comfort you.

So very sorry to hear of your loss~may you find comfort in your memories.

Becky & Tanner

Idaho Cairns

Your loss is one of those hard, hard moments that life seems to throw our way. Sorry that you lost your Rudy but please don't be too hard on yourself for not reacting sooner--you know your dog pretty well and clearly if you believed he was in serious trouble you would have acted. It sure doesn't sound like you had a lot of time to do anything. Just hang in there--the pain is awful, I know, but try to focus on all the wonderful times your Rudy had with you and just let time work its magic. I'll be giving you and Rudy good thoughts this afternoon.

I'm so very sorry about Rudy. It is especially difficult when you have no time to prepare. My thoughts are with you and I hope in the future that thoughts of him will only bring smiles, not tears.

I can only imagine how you must feel. I am so very sorry for your loss.

I am so very sorry your beloved little Rudy has passed away. It is so devastating and heartbreaking to suddenly lose such a young pup. There are no words...

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Melissa

these things are so very hard --perhaps hardest of all-- when we have no time to prepare. any age is a hard age to lose a dear friend, but three is a special age. i feel very deeply for you. you have the right attitude --celebrate what you were blessed to enjoy. pass the love on to a new friend when the time is right.

Thank you all for your kind words. The pictures of your adorable cairns makes me smile through my tears. It is so good to have this forum of people who understand how special it is to be a cairn's mom or dad. Yor thoughtfulness has really meant so much

Thank you all for your kind words. The pictures of your adorable cairns makes me smile through my tears. It is so good to have this forum of people who understand how special it is to be a cairn's mom or dad. Yor thoughtfulness has really meant so much

My God your family must be devastated! Please accept our good thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Tara, Mom of Olie, Teddy, and Sweet Pea.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious Ruby. I hope you can find comfort in the wonderful memories. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm so very sorry to hear about Rudy. Its probably the most traumatic event that can happen to families. These dogs are so stoic they just don't let you know whats going on...They keep such a good front when they are not feeling well, its sometimes too hard to tell. I lost my Gabby last Sept. and I thought I would die...For a long time I kept wondering why I didn't see any signs and what did I do that could of saved her... But in the end they are only on loan to us and leave us way too soon.. I'm sooo very sorry I feel your pain...Please take good care of yourself, don't feel guily and love yourself like Rudy does...he will always be with you, you know that...

Kobies Mom

Just checking in with you today to let you know you and your sweet Rudy are still in my thought and prayers. When you feel up to it, and if it helps you to write about him, I would love to hear about your sweet boy. After I lost my two sweet dogs in 2008, it helped to write down my thoughts about them.

Wishing you peace,

Melissa

elka2, I am so sorry to hear of your loss!!! I understand how you are feeling, having just lost mine a few months ago. Yes this forum does help and so do friends who have dogs-- some of mine are giving me doggie time with their dogs. So so sorry for you.

Winfrey

• 4 weeks later...

My thoughts are with you, your post caught my eye because I also have a cairn named Rudy, he is 2 and it would break my heart to lose him. Just remember " All dogs go to heaven"

• 2 weeks later...

I am so sorry ... its something we all live with and dread, loosing our beloved dog, for you it must be especially difficult as it was so unexpected. My thoughts are with you.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

Archived