CairnTalk

Soft-sided Carriers

Linda

My husband & I, along with our pooch pals, Murphy & Trapper, are getting ready for our 6-month sailing adventure. But in the event we have to travel home at anytime via air, I thought it might be wise to purcase two soft-sided carriers that will fit under airline seats in the cabin. I need to check whether I can take BOTH our pups in the cabin. Does anyone have experience with THAT issue? Putting them in the luggage compartment in their hard-sided crates is not a prefered option, but do-able if that's the only way. Also, I'm researching soft-sided carriers and it seems like the Sherpas are pretty decent. Does anyone have any ideas on that brand or others and recommended sizes? :confused: Trapper is 15 lbs. & Murphy is 16 lbs. Much thanks!

Linda (AKA: Murphy & Trapper's mom)

Most airlines limit the number of pets travelling per class of service to 2 or 3 per flight, so make your reservations early. I use a soft-sided, larger, Samsonite carrier. It has side pockets, looks kinda nifty :P

• 2 weeks later...

The samsonites are a great bag. We have a Sherpa bag. They are very similar and both are airline approved. The sherpa website has a great sizing chart and when I order the bag - unbeknownst to me there was a sale going on.

Anway - the sherpa site:

Sherpa Pet Website

Archived