CairnTalk

Abby and McDuffy

Abby and McDuffy

I got McDuffy nearly a year ago from a breeder and haven't looked back from the world of Cairns since! I realize now that I should have done more research on the lady since I don't think she was very trustworthy (attempts to get in contact with her about his parents were fruitless), but regardless I absolutely love the breed and will definitely be getting more in the future. Duffy has been such a gem-he has definite Cairnitude and is a sassy little boy, but I wouldn't have any other dog than him! All you Cairn owners will agree, I'm sure...the attitude is part of their charm. Currently right now I'm in a completely different country than him though (I've already been gone for two months and will be for four more), and it's absolutely TORTURING me. I can't believe how much of a hold my little monster has on me! :P Anyway, a fewmany pics ahead. You'll notice Duffy has a fondness for sticking his tongue out and sitting on furniture in strange positions, LOL.

qnmm2x.jpg

9kxyrc.jpg

rhttoo.jpg

2j3mlhv.jpg

o8bbww.jpg

1zz6ihw.jpg

f2n8l5.jpg

1562rf6.jpg

2e65xg4.jpg

Anyone have a clue what color he would be considered, though?

21nnk1j.jpg

Duffy is gorgeous! And his sleeping positions are very cute!

are Cairns popular in Sweden?

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Welcome! He is just gorgeous. I especially love the close up photos! :)

McDuffy is adorable and I recognize most of the positions. You are right cairns get in our hearts and I could not imagine not having mine. My Nena is similar in color to McDuffy, the color is considered Brindle (a combo of black, brown, white etc) can be dark brindle or light brindle and they can change as they get older, although mine has stayed the light end of brindle since birth.

I bet McDuffy especially likes the view of the bird feeder. Nena watches the birds also and ofcourse the pesty squirrels as they drive her nuts.

cairn terriers leave pawprints on our lives

Thanks everyone! He's a bit scruffy in all of these-a few were after he'd just run straight through a big patch of burrs (he always does that RIGHT after I brush him!), and his hair was stripped down short for the summer so I didn't have to brush him three times a day to keep his whole body from being chock full of burrs. I still think he's gorgeous though...but I am a biased, LOL.

I'm not sure if Cairns are popular in Sweden. I'm only here for six months, so I've not gotten a chance to really if Cairns are here. But from the dogs I've seen in the neighborhood, people are more into spitz-type dogs like Malamutes, Huskies, and Shibas. Probably because it's so cold here though, and I don't think little dogs would do so great here in this frigid cold. (Not including Cairns-they don't exactly act like the typical "little dogs" :P )

21nnk1j.jpg

McDuffy looks like a charmer! Love the way he's helping you at your computer. I just want to rub his little belly!

That's actually my brother at the computer...but oh, he definitely is a charmer. In his mind there's absolutely nothing better than having him grace you with his presence! :P

21nnk1j.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived