CairnTalk

Kobies Mom

Kobies Mom

I just adopted a Care-tzu (Carin/Shih-Tzu, I think?) from the animal shelter 4 weeks ago. My first male dog ever. Alittle worried about the marking since he goes to work with me everyday, I own a skincare salon. But my Kobie turned out to be fully housebroken...yeah for me...

He was picked up as a stray and had dog tags so the poor fellow had to stay alittle longer than usual at the shelter. They wanted to try to find his parents.

I fell in love the day after they arrested him and had to wait. Finally mom and dad came and signed off on him? Who knows why this little guy is a doll but he does have issues.

I'm just learning about Carins and they are a handful lol I want to get into agility as I think he is made for it, but I still have to get the basics down like not growling at strangers and barking...geezz other than that he is amazing and loves to snuggle with me, can't get close enough..so sweet

My little Gabby (11 year old Shih-Tzu) died from cancer last Sept and Kobie is a terrific healer for me and I for him.

Here is a couple of pics if you all have any other ideas about what kind of dog he is, please throw them out there..

Also I want to thank you all for posting your doggie pics, they are all so beautiful.

Sirrell

post-4768-12656094688949_thumb.jpg

post-4768-12656097038508_thumb.jpg

Hello and welcome. Sorry for the loss of your Gabby, always hard to take. Thank you for adoptting Kobie.It sounds like he made the right choice. Starting April 1 AKC is going to allow mixed breeds into everything except comfomation. So sign him up get to training. The two of you will have a blast.

Rich

Do you all think hes Carin? And what else? Shih-Tzu because of the tail and hair? His hair is soft on his head and courser in the body

Do you all think hes Carin? And what else? Shih-Tzu because of the tail and hair? His hair is soft on his head and courser in the body

Condolences on your loss of Gabby, and welcome to you and Kobie! You'll love it here.

One thing every good Cairn Mom should know is how to spell Cairn. :)

Just stick with us; there's most often an answer for any question you have.

Take care,

Tara, Mom of three rambunctious Cairns :D

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Hiya and welcome!

I'm sorry about Gabby, but glad you've found a new cutie to share your life. Kobie is adorable. I am not good in identifying mixes, so I'll leave that to someone with a better eye!

I'm sure you'll have many years of fun and companionship with him. :)

Autumn & Molly

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome....not only do I spell Cairn wrong I just found out I was saying it wrong to...I was pronouncing it Karen....instead of Car-in...right?

Anyway, thanks again..

Don't feel badly, we have had KA URNS for years and my wife still calls them KARENS. Neither of our dogs seems to care how we pronounce their breed names.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome....not only do I spell Cairn wrong I just found out I was saying it wrong to...I was pronouncing it Karen....instead of Car-in...right?

Anyway, thanks again..

It's a common mispronunciation for the breed. I just thought you'd want to know. :)

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived