CairnTalk

Nicknames

CarCarDawn

Hi! Just like my 2 daughters - - I have given Riley several endearing nicknames. He will answer to "Boosie" - - - "Baby Boy" - - - and "Ri-man" - - - do any of your Cairns have nicknames????

Oh, most certainly. Just a few of Duffy's aka's that he responds to are "liddle piddle", "Scruffers", and believe it or not, "DoDah Dog". I love having numerous nicknames for my dogs. Some of my friends think I'm nuts, but what can I say. Cashews anyone?!!

MikeC :P

Baby, Babydoll, Diapernose (rhymes with Piper Rose), Sniper (another rhyming name), Sweetpea. She pretty much answers to all!!

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

Guest posting as: FrankinPhoenix

My 11 month old girl is Trixie. Mostly she is "Good-Girl" but when she is really playfull she is a.k.a. "Trix-ster" :D

It is amazing how they DO respond to the nicknames we've given them. Murphy is also Murphy Girl, Murf, Smurf & Turf, Smurf Monster & sweetie, Trapper gets stuck with The Trapster, Traps, Trap Mon & buddy.

Linda (AKA: Murphy & Trapper's mom)

Hi! I forgot the one name my husband likes to call Riley - - - "Poopie Doop" - - - for obvious reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We call our dogs "peanut" or "pumpkin". Not very original, but cute! I call Finch "Finchy" sometimes, or "stinky" when she smells!

Nicknames, where can I start . . .

We call Cody by his name as well as Coolie, Cookie, Coadis, Coadster, Kookalooch, and Bub.

It may sound amazing but he comes to all of them.

Piper is called "Goobie" to "Gobba boy"......I know, weird. I started "Goobie" when he acted all sweet and timid (ears down). He was lookin' all "goobie".....

Toto is "Totester"....and, of course, "Sweetheart" :halo: by Daddy.

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

CathyAnn, I don't think I ever noticed that you also have a Piper?? Ours is a female, though. She's 15 months old. ;)

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

Mamakim...yep, we got a Piper, too. And, yes, he is a 'he'! He is now 16 months old!

We had some friends with the last name Piper and it sure does fit! He prances like a "Pied Piper" :P !

Cathy

Cathy and Piper

Our Piper was named after my husband's hobby, which is flying. He's always wanted a Piper airplane, but instead he got a dog. We were thinking of getting another and naming her Cessna. ;) BTW, Piper will be 16 months on the 13th of this month. ;)

You guys are a riot!! I've always been made to feel (by family members) that I'm nuts calling my girls baby names. Now I feel so much better.

Madison is known as Maddy-do, Lover-LuLu, Winnie has a nickname of the Winner. There are others but I'll keep them to myself. :P

Guest osuvicki

When Grace is being goofy..which is quite a bit...she ends up being called goofy gander..........and comes to that name. lol.

:wub: Way-ell, since everyone is telling theirs.....we used to call Zoe "Zo-Zo Bean" and then we shortened it to just "Beaner" and she came every time! In fact, when we are choosing a name for our pets, we try them out and see if we can make good nicknames out of them. If not, we toss them! Our dog Rocky is also known as "Rockmeister" and "Rock Man". You gotta love us dog lovers! :lol:

Guest Grumpy

My youngest son wanted to name Georgie "Mario" when we first brought her home, but I refused!!! So he began to secretly call her Mario and now she will answer to it. But the easiest way to get her to come to you is to call out "Car"....she will be there in a flash waiting for you to get the keys!!!

Archived