CairnTalk

!0 Inches and Counting!

tlwtheq

Hey All,

We're preparing for 25 inches of snow. DH has to keep up with the

shoveling so the Cairn kids can go potty. I can't even remember

the last time we had anything like this! This is Maryland for

cryin' out loud. And isn't living next to the Chesapeake Bay

supposed to moderate the weather that comes through?

(Not this time, I guess.)

Will try to get some snow dog pics.

Warm, Cozy and Snowed In!

Tara, Mom of three little snow dogs :D

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Oh I love it when the weather makes it impossible to leave the house and it is just us and the dogs! All snuggled up for the day watching the wind and snow blow. I envy you and since these Cairns love the snow so much it should be fun for them. We always have made an "arena" in the snow for the dogs--just off the deck so they can get out to do their duty --plus they like the challenge of clawing up the snow piles and digging--some sort of "King of the Hill" routine that appeals to them I guess.

Enjoy the experience--we are warm and relatively dry for this time of year so I guess you got our snow--that's ok, you are welcome--I gotta go Christmas shopping--grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

We're envious of the snow you're getting today! I've got all my shopping done and just have to wrap presents. That would have been great with snow swirling all around. And our dogs LOVE the snow; doesn't bother them to squat in it. We do clear an area out for them though, so we don't get messy...

Enjoy the beautiful scenery while you can and take some pics!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

We had 22" last week and Gus was ecstatic! He was digging tunnels and jumping into snow piles and didnt want to come in at all. It was his first big snow. The cats, on the other hand, were less than pleased as only cats can be.

Deb in WI

sheila and Misty

wow! wish it was here-we got ourfirst official 3in last night-Tobys first real snow he can remember-he was too young last winter-hes lovin it!

scotty and angel say we got screwed we only got like 1in of snow

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

Sorry everybody. It appears we have more than 25 inches.

I got some really good snaps of the evergreens in our back yard today.

Will try to get snow dogs tomorrow.

Being snowed in is really cool!

Max and Nelly

Aw heck! That's what our large freezers, canned goods, and small freezers

are for. (We make backups of everything.)

And, I'm happy to say I can telecommute if need be on Monday.

(Somehow I think, Monday's going to be "telecommute day".

Because of that, I love this snow.

Hope to get you snaps shortly.

Tara, The "Mommy Beas'"

Max and Nelly

Reading the reports on the BBC website about the awful blizzard you have had on the East Coast USA makes me realise our 1inch is nothing! Do stay safe and warm those of you affected - I know the dogs love it but take care!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Thought we were going to be hit hard, we got about 8" of snow overnight. Bailey is still not that interested in playing in it. What a wuss!! :shy:

Wow... you guys are starting to feel a lot like Christmas! Here in Florida, the only white we are seeing today is the sand :( I would love the snow for about 1 wk, then back to the "Bark Park" and "Dog Beach". The Spray snow on the windows is fairly easy to scrape! LOL I guess we need to make a trip further north so Lucy can experience the fun (^o^)

Well we have had a little snow compared to what some folk get in USA but Holly has enjoyed herself in garden has kept wanting to go out just to wander round it!

We live in Baltimore City in Maryland too, we got plenty of snow! Gretsch loved it, even when desperately trying to find a place he can squat! We had to dig a little path near a tree for him to go potty. lol. The wind swept powder well over 4 feet on one side of our building.

We also have to dig a potty path for Casey & Bailey so they can do their business. Bailey has been wearing his coat and I can say he really needs it. It's been so cold and windy. They're basically staying in the house for now, it's too cold brrrrr!

sheila and Misty

one christmas we didnt have snow-we were truly gloomy..so I purchased that make it snow -just add water and stir and it really looks like wet snow I wouldnt let the dogs near it but I made a snowball and deposited one on a few peoples outside windowsill-looked real! and I put it on my front steps I was the only one on the street that had snow! It comes powder form and makes quite a bit!

Lol, I complain, and complain when it gets cold here! It's supposed to get into the 60's this week and I'm dreading it, oh too cold! People at work make fun of me cause I have my heater on and set in the 70's (I won't say at what :blush: ). I could never live where it snowed! I want to take Tuk-tuk up to the snow this year, but I'm such a wuss about getting cold I have a love/hate thing about going. Plus I just don't have the gear/clothing for it, we just don't need it here. Oh I love my sunny AZ! Funny thing though, it was cloudy today and that made it feel Christmas-y. :santa2:

25 inches plus??? Yikes, that's a lot of white stuff. Well, hunker in, get cozy and light a nice fire.

It's this time of year that I'm especially glad I left the northeast. I don't want to sound like bah-humbug but I don't care if I ever see snow again. I spent half of a century in the northeast and have had enough of the shoveling, blowing, scraping, boots, slipping on ice, messy black snow on the side of the roads that seem to last forever, messy salt residue on the car, frozen car doors, etc.

I will admit it's pretty. Look at those icicles! Here's the last 24" snowfall I saw in the northeast before I left. Heading south, I've had enough.

24inches.jpg

North Georgia, USA

Home to Miss Murphy-Cairn mix-born est. Dec.'07

Joined our family on June 16,'09

Dogs leave pawprints on your heart

Ok. Finally got some snow pics. The pictures of the evergreens

in my back yard were taken on Saturday. The ones of the pups

were taken yesterday. Where's a photographer like Liz when

you need her? :D

First the tree pics:

Then the pups:

1.Sweet Pea trying to climb a snow drift.

2. Olie and Sweet Pea in their snow arena

3. Teddy inspecting the yard

4. All three in their arena.

post-1195-12614908901283_thumb.jpg

post-1195-1261490909296_thumb.jpg

post-1195-12614910510147_thumb.jpg

post-1195-12614910714261_thumb.jpg

Max and Nelly

Nuts, I didn't get the last two pics.

3. Teddy inspecting the yard

4. All three in their arena.

Last, Sweet Pea stuck in the snow because she

went out where no path had been made.

post-1195-12614912697707_thumb.jpg

post-1195-12614912903565_thumb.jpg

post-1195-12614914705828_thumb.jpg

Max and Nelly

Oh, I am so glad we did not get that much!! and I complain here about 2 inches of snow!

Holly loves whatever we get though.

post-3604-12614957986387_thumb.jpg

Archived