CairnTalk

Zekey's Mom

Zekey's Mom

I adopted Zekey from the SPCA a few months ago. He's a year old. They said he was a pappillon/westie mix (I guess based on the ears?). But I'm sure he's a cairn + ________. People are always asking me, what kind of dog is that? I tell them he's a Cairnery (cairn + mystery).

He's 15 lbs., very coarse hair, no undercoat. The vet has him down on their charts as "terrier mix".

He's got a scrawny little behind, and a pair of chicken legs! My cat's hind legs are sturdier than his!

post-4626-12587579442697_thumb.jpgpost-4626-12587579554709_thumb.jpg

He's really a cute little guy! Cairn/Pap/Westie/Corgi, all look to be possible ingredients. I totally agree with your signature-line, just let him think he's a Cairn-- (It'll be good for his ego!) :thumbsup:

Jim

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

On our walks, Holly and I regularly meet a sweet little dog that looks very like your mix - I thought she was part Cairn but she is a Westie cross with Yorkshire Terrier!!

just to add a bit more confusion.

However, he is a very lovely looking dog.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

What a cutie. Those look like Corgi ears.

I too have a mix, she's 15 lbs also. The vet says definitely Cairn mix and the groomer says Cairn with Norfolk thrown in because of her dropped ears. I would suggest to you a DNA breed test kit but the ones I've seen identify 62 breeds none of which are Cairn or in my case would help with the Norfolk terrier identity either. The test does however identify Yorkshire terrier and maybe the other mixes in your little ones DNA. He really is unique and cute.

North Georgia, USA

Home to Miss Murphy-Cairn mix-born est. Dec.'07

Joined our family on June 16,'09

Dogs leave pawprints on your heart

Thanks for your nice comments and suggestions - I had not thought of a few.

I'm thinking about the DNA test -- I found one that does list Cairn and other terriers (dog-dna.com), but it's about $120. I've got to think about that!

I went to a terrier show last month, and saw one woman with an Australian Terrier, who looked alot like Zekey, but he was bigger. As I understand it, the Aussies are mixes of lots of other terriers anyway!

Belated congratulations on adopting Zekey. He's got a great face, wonderful expression and looks totally lovable. I think you've got yourself a winner!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Whatever he is, he's a lovely looking cutie!! Those ears look a lot like a Corgi but who knows original.gif

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Archived