CairnTalk

RIP Tweak

cairnrescueleague

Almost 5 years ago, I got a call from Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network. A woman in VT was scheduled to have her 11YO blind, incontinent, arthritic, senile cairn PTS at 11 the following morning. They couldn't take her but wanted to know if the Cairn Rescue League could. I picked her up the following afternoon. Her name was Pooh/Pookie/Pookie Pooh, but the friend who accompanied the owner said she really preferred Tweak, so Tweak it was. Turns out she was only 9. She was blind, but she was not incontinent or arthritic, and definitely not senile. She was one of the smartest cairns I've ever known. And she had adjusted so well to her blindness the ophthalmologist called her The Bat.

I fostered her for over three years, then my friends Pat and Kim adopted her and had her for almost two years. I got the dreaded email from Pat yesterday morning. Tweak had a stroke, followed by a series of seizures, so she is no more, at least not in this world. I'm sure she's ruling the roost in the next though! RIP, sweetie.

What a blessing Tweak was for you and your friends.

I'm so sorry about the pain this must be giving you.

Thanks for sharing Tales of Tweak with us.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Thank you for sharing Tweak's tale.

Rest In Peace Tweak.

North Georgia, USA

Home to Miss Murphy-Cairn mix-born est. Dec.'07

Joined our family on June 16,'09

Dogs leave pawprints on your heart

Thank you so much for sharing precious Tweak's story with us. You and your friends who adopted her have my deepest condolences. May her beautiful soul find joy and peace at Rainbow Bridge until you meet again. :candle:

Sorry to hear about Twick's passing. It sounds like you gave her a great life, thank you for caring for the little one's others are unable to care for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You stepped up and helped give Tweak more years of love. I applaud you! And she is probably thanking you from the Bridge, too. Hugs to you and the foster parents, too.

Archived