CairnTalk

My baby is in Heaven - Daddy Loves You Chester

Paletta32

Chester was born November 4, 1998 and he became our son on January 16, 1999.

After months of research and endless conversations, my wife and I finally decided that a Cairn was the companion for us. We had knowledge of a breeder who had a litter that was ready. Once we knew we were committed, I contacted the dealer in hopes of reserving the male wheaten runt of the litter who we had prior discussions about. Sadly, the breeder informed me that the little runt was promised to someone else. I actually offered the breeder a bribe to hold the pup for me. For whatever reason, the breeder was seling the male pups for $100 less that the females. I offered the "female rate" sight unseen along with a big sappy sob story over the phone prior to driving out. I could not get any assurance that he would be there when I arrived as the other couple had an appointment before ours.

When we walked into the breeder's house, we were greeted by a tiny little pup who charged the baby gate that was facing the door we entered through. As soon as we saw him, WE KNEW! I looked at my wife and said "thats him!" Our little Chester checking out the strange intruders on his turf! To our hearts delight, the breeder found a soft spot in her heart for us and showed Chester's brothers and sisters to the other couple first and they fell in love with a pup (without seeing Chester who was left in the back with his mom) and the rest is history!

Anyone who shares or has shared their life with a Cairn knows of the deep love, joy, amazement and even frustration that comes with these little gifts from God. My wife and I were blessed for being able to experience the full spectrum with Chester.

Chester returned home to God on September 23, 2007. It has been almost 2-years and I am barely able speak (or type in this case) about losing him without breaking down. The few sentences I have down at this point has been accompanied by a box of Kleenex.

We love our baby very much! We miss him so very much! I thank God every day for having him in my life and I humbly inform him that I look forward to the time that I am reunited with him when it is my time to return home.

Love and Happiness to all Cairns and Cairn Lovers. Give them lots of hugs and kisses, on top of the million or so a day that you give already of course.

MOMMY AND DADDY LOVE YOU CHESTER!

So touched by your story of Chester. They are such a big part of our lives so much joy and laughs everyday. I have had other dogs before and it is always terrible when they leave this earth but, I agree there is something about a cairn that takes your heart. My husband and I love our Nena so much from the day we saw her. We have not even taken a vacation because we can't image leaving her in a kennel.

Anyway so sorry for your loss. Maybe someday you will want another cairn you both have so much love to give.

God Bless.

cairn terriers leave pawprints on our lives

you are brave to be able to write about this. i fully understand the pain of doing so. congratulations on having chosen a wonderful little puppy and given him a wonderful --i see he gave a lot back to you too. you will see chester again.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Sometimes it takes awhile after a dear pet leaves us before we are ready to talk about it. I still cry when I share stories of beloved pets with my kids. Their impressions on my heart are so great and so is their loss. I am sorry for your loss.

God bless your family, and thank you for sharing what I know,

from personal experience, is the most gut-wrenching time in every

Cairn lover's life.

I'm glad you found us. Please stay in touch as another beautiful

Cairn is bound to find you.

B'Shalom.

Tara, Mom of Many Past and Future

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the responses. My wife and I know there is another Cairn out there for us. We were talking about it yesterday in fact.

Chester is part of me and I am not looking to replace him or fill the void by him not being an active part of what remains of my life. I do however, want to express the love that I have for Chester with another Cairn as that is something that I miss almost as much as Chester.

I hope that someday I can do that. My wife is not yet ready to take that next step. We need to take it together just as we did with Chester.

Thank you again everyone.

What a beautiful memorial to your beloved Chester. I feel your pain and heartache. The next little darling you share your life with will be truly blessed.

Hugs to you and your wife.

Autumn & Molly

Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely memorial for Chester. I know just what you mean and are saying. Our first Cairn Missy

Came into my life 2 weeks for our wedding day. Hubby and I started our new life in marriage with our girl Missy. Missy was a part of our lives for 17 years. She went threw my dear fathers passing and our birth of our first and only son, Brandon. Missy was my girl and a part of our lives. Missy passed away 5 days short of age 17 and Its been almost 5 years this November she passed on over to Rainbow Bridge and I still miss her like it was yesterday. She took a part of me with her that on one can ever replace until we reunite on day. With that being said We now have our litte boy Kramer whom I adore and he is the love of my life. He is such a lovable fellow who helped me get threw life without Missy. When I lost my girl I went into depression and needed counseling which helped me a lot.

My hubby heard of a reputable breeder that happen to be a customer of his business. He and my son went to look at there last litter without me knowing. They fell in love with him and brought him home. Well, I was angry, besides myself and angry that they brought me home a new dog when I was so upset losing my girl. It took me about 3-4 months to bond, when we bonded he sure did help me with my grieving. I always say to this day, that Missy sent me Kramer. He has been such a joy and a love bug. For me, I don't think I could of went and bought the puppy, my heart was to broken. As time went on his eyes and his playfulness and coming up to me with kisses as to say, Mommy I love you, play with me. Now, he and I are best buds, my hubby jokes and says we are partners in crime :devil: My sincere condolences to you and your wife. I hope one day you can give another Cairn the love you both have in your heart.

P.S Missy's memorial is in my signature. Take a peek and read about her.

Sending angel hugs to Chester

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Reading your loving tribute to your beloved Chester brought tears to my eyes. I am so very sorry for your loss. It sounds like he had a wonderful life with you, and brought so much joy and laughter to your home. How blessed you were to belong to each other! I lost my two elderly pups, Betsy Noodle, a Cairn mix, and Ralphie, a Min Pin, last year, just ten months apart. The pain can be so intense. So, I completely understand you and your wife's sorrow.

Just three weeks after Ralphie passed we adopted Murphy, a two year Cairn, from a rescue organization. As soon as we entered the foster mom's home, Murphy ran and literally jumped into my husband's arms...and into both of our hearts. Our bonding with Murphy so quickly after Ralphie passed reminded us that our hearts have many rooms. One never replaces a pup that has passed on; one simply opens the door to another room in one's heart and a unique, new love evolves.

I am sure Chester will have a paw in finding the perfect little Cairn for you when the time is right. In the meantime, may your hearts always be comforted by wonderful memories of your sweet boy. You will see him again one glorious day.

Melissa

I'm so sorry that you lost your dear Chester at such a young age, and you have my sincere sympathy. Our own Cairns are ages 6 yrs. & 3 yrs., and already I sometimes find myself wondering how would I ever be able to handle it if they were no longer here. We have lost pets in the past and it's always been hard, but we've never been so attached to an animal as we are to these two wonderful little furry kids. Cairns really do steal your heart. I do hope that you and your wife will soon be able to bring another Cairn into your life, to share that special love that Chester knew so well. Chester knows he will never be replaced, he will always be in your heart & in your memories.

Jim

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

The last few posts were very sweet and touching and I have to admit, had me in tears. Chester was with us in an earthly fashion for just under 9-years. I do feel however, that he was robbed of at least 4-5 real good years which is a long time on the doggy clock.

The thing about Cairns is that they keep so much of their puppiness that they could live to be 100 and not seem old! Chester was always a puppy. Throughout the stages of his life I refered to him as the "Baby Puppy", the "Young Puppy", the "Grown Up Puppy" and he was just getting ready to enter into the "Old Puppy" stage.

They are so wonderful.

sheila and Misty

sorry to hear your sadness. ooh I hate that feeling. but then you were lucky to have had him in your life and Im sure he was a very happy little guy.

I lost my Sandy in February of 2007. I know what you are going through. It has been two and a half years and I still miss him so much. He was my baby!!!! I haven't gotten another cairn just yet either, I gave Sandy so much love I am not ready to love another just yet. I am sure when the time is right, it will happen for both of us. Sandy and Chester are up in heaven watching down on us!!!! In the meantime, I love coming to this site and reading all about everyone's cairns. It is a wonderful site!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone so very much!

It has been exactly two years today that Chester went to heaven to patrol the rainbow bridge.

I love him and miss him so much!

Archived