CairnTalk

Jim A. Royse

Nikki

Jim was boat85 as most of you know him by. He was ex navy and skippers beloved owner. He passed away July 18th he was 64 years old. He didn't have much of an obituary in the paper but here is a link to his memorial guess book if any of you would like to write any kind words. James A. Royse

Jim and Skipper

picture15tkt.th.png

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

I am so, so sorry to learn of this. Boats seemed like a guy who was enjoying retirement and loving his dog. That picture speaks volumes.

Although it is sad, sad news, thank you for sharing it. Rest in peace Boats.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

That is so sad. I looked him up as I am still relatively new and am trying to remember all the members' names. I clearly remember his posts about his neighbor's minpin, who he was worried about. I felt a small chill when I read his last post, in which he said, "one final post" and ended it with "bye all". He seemed like a very funny, fun and sweet man. May he rest in peace.

So very sad. I know he & Skipper were best buds. Rest in peace Boats. I hope that Skipper has other family to continue the love and care that Jim did so well.

rosec1.gif

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

last time I talked to him on the phone he asked me to tell everyone on the forum that he was sick...that he would be back soon but I never did posted it I figured he would just post when he got to feeling better. Jim had cognitive heart failure and had a pacemaker put in the last couple months. He told me that his feet were still swollen that he was feeling better. He had the neighbor kids walking Skipper and that if he had to go back to the hospital that his vet came and in took skipper in their doggy day care and boarding. I remembering him mention that is was like a good vacation for skipper b/c he got to play the whole time. I am really going to miss him and skipper, he would meet us at the dog park or petsmart (which they knew him & skipper by name there) so that angel and skipper could play together. Both skipper and Jim were full of personality.

skipper and angel

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really." - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

Aww what sweet pictures of the two. Do you know who is going to care now for Skipper?

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

no I don't....I looked on petfinder to see if he was on there...didn't see anything...I am guessing the vet took him in ?? I am not sure...if skipper did go up for adoption he would be very adoptable...he was very sweet

Does anyone know who we can contact to find out about Skipper? Does anyone know the name and address of the vet? I'll look at the obituary and see if there are any leads.

i dont know who skipper is staying with. It was just Jim and Skip. He wasn't married I dont think he had any kids. I dont know who his vet is...there is like 6 vet in his town alone and I am not sure if he went to a vet in his town anyways. you might call the funeral home to see if any family took him in I can give you the number if you want just pm me.

Nicole

Thank you for sharing this sad news. It really touches my heart, how we act like a family, sharing our concerns, funny stories and sad ones.

Thank you for being my family, i hope Jim knows he will be missed and if one of us can help it, Skipper will live happily every after.

This is such sad news. I know Skipper must be missing Jim so much.

May Jim rest in peace. I, too, am very interested in finding out what happened to Skipper, so if anyone finds out, please let me know.

Sorry to hear such sad news. I had thought for while that there had been no posts from Jim/boat and had wondered how things were. I do hope that there is someone caring for Skipper. I felt that Jim and Skipper had a special relationship from the way he described things.

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

We are so very sorry to learn of Jim's passing. I was recently thinking that there hadn't been any posts from Boats in quite a while, but never guessed that he was seriously ill. We have a picture of Skipper in his bow-tie, and one of our Sophie in her string of pearls, side by side on our refrigerator. Skipper was such a wonderful companion for Jim, he was so proud of Skip's accomplishments, and wanted him to become a therapy dog. We on the Forum are usually left to mourn for the loss of a member's pet, how strange it seems to now wonder how the dog will get along without his life-long companion. Hopefully some lucky family will take Skipper. Rest in Peace, Boats85. :pray:

Jim & Connie

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

We loved reading Jim's posts. May those he left behind be consoled that he

was such a devoted Cairn dad and a wonderful online friend.

Tara, Joe, Olie, Teddy and Sweet Pea.

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Jim will be missed, thank you for letting everyone here in his extended Cairn family. I always worry when I don't see a post from someone for a while. My prayers go out for Skipper and Jim's family.

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Nicole,

Did Jim take Skipper to Gail's for grooming? I can't recall which Cairn you showed me a picture of who was groomed at Gail's shop. If so, I'm pretty sure they ask for the name of your vet when you fill out the client card..... Let me know.... I can call Gail and get the info and PM it to our CairnRescue poster....

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I was just thinking the other day that it had been quite a while since boats (Jim) had posted. I'm sorry to hear of his passing and I hope that Skipper is somewhere safe and is well taken care of.

Please. Please. PM directly. Thanks.

thanks for the reminder Brad....I should have really PM'd that message.

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

I'm so saddened to hear of Jim's passing. Thank you, Nicole, for letting us know. He will be missed here for sure. I hope Skipper is finding lots of love from whomever he's with.

Dawn

So sorry to read such terribly sad news. I am concerned about what's become of his beautiful, beloved Skipper. If anyone has been able to track Skipper down, please let us know. Thanks!

FEAR THE CAIRN!

Archived