CairnTalk

My sweet Pep

Pepandfriend's mom

I haven't posted in a few months, but would like for you guys to know about my sweet 10 1/2 year-old bear Pepper. He was a true feisty Cairn, he was also a beautiful little black bear with sparkling eyes, and he loved life (as defined by walks and good snacks and cuddles, and surveying his domain, my back yard). He fought kidney trouble for about a year and a half before it finally caught up with him. He let me know he was ready to go, as dogs do, and yesterday the vet let him get sleepy in my arms with a sedative before taking him away. I will never forget the compassion and kindness of the clinic I have worked with. I feel so sad, but believe my little guy is free and strong and playing by the Rainbow Bridge.

Pam

Pam,

I'm so sorry about Pep. It sounds like you had a lovely life together.

Hugs,

Autumn

We've missed you Pam. We've only known you and Pep for five years, but in his years with you, he's created a lifetime of memories. I hope when the pain eases his memories bring comfort and happiness to you again, as he did in your life together.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

So sorry to hear about Pep. Like others have said, we know how you feel because

we've been there. I still miss those who have gone before me every day.

As Brad says, hope the pain eases and gives way to beautiful memories.

Tara, Mom of Many, Now and Forever

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

So sorry to read the sad news. I remember your posts about Pep. We all share your loss and hope your memories will sustain you.

We too are sorry to hear of Pepper's passing. He waged a long and courageous fight, and stayed by your side as long as he could. Now he is free from pain and able to romp with friends at the Rainbow Bridge. You will always have his love in your heart, and his life in your memories. God Bless :pray:

Jim & Connie

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

sheila and Misty

sorry to hear of yurloss..Im sure pepper had a wonderfull life! youll cross paths again someday-I truly believe this.

So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope the happy memories of Pepper will be of some comfort to you now and in the years ahead.

FEAR THE CAIRN!

I'm so sorry to hear of Pepper's passing. I have been where you are today and please know I'm thinking of you. Time will let you remember all the good times you shared with Pepper. He sure knows how much he was loved.

God speed Pepper. You have earned your golden wings.

Beyond the Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,

I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.

I saw a wonderous image then of a place that's trouble-free

Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side

Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!

And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see

Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!

My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new

And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright

That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.

'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold

And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,

We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.

So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart

If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Kramer's mom, your poem was just beautiful. Thank you Brad and everyone, you have given SO MUCH comfort. As everyone here knows, you just expect your little buddy to be just around the corner, and it starts to get more real that they are not. I forgot in my other post to mention Pep's friend, my other dog Henry the Westie. I am so glad he is here and likes hanging out with "Mom." I think he is ok, though subdued right now.

Thank you for letting me share with this Cairn "community." It truly has been a comfort.

Pam

Archived