CairnTalk

My "Puppy Bowl" star is gone

pammyfay

Hi, all.

A few years ago, you might remember that I posted about my Cairn girl, Izzie, making it onto Animal Planet's "Puppy Bowl" show. You all were so happy to see her and filled with compliments when she fought back those 2 big white dogs who were double-teaming her (she won a few instant replays for that!).

Well, today, quite unexpectedly, Izzie suffered a fatal seizure. She was born with a mild heart issue, but nothing that you could see when she was running after squirrels, bunnies and the occasional bird, that's for sure. Not sure what caused the seizure, but I knew that she was gone as soon as I picked her up to try to rouse her out of it.

Izzie, like so many of your dogs here, was my first dog, and a sweet, smart beauty she was. She had just turned 3 in May. But she packed a lot into those 3 years, for herself and for me.

Please give your cutie pie(s) a long, tight hug tonight. Izzie put up with mine--I think she could really feel the love. So please spread the love, for me and for Izzie.

I am so very sorry about Izzie. I'm sure she never lost her Puppy Bowl spirit in her three short years. I hope you find some comfort in the fact that you both packed a lot of love in those years.

My heart goes out to you.

Autumn

you couldn't possibly have been prepared for that, i feel so badly for you. izzy clearly had fun every day and was loved so very much. this will be hard for you to get over, we are all thinking of you. it is hard to lose a baby, of any species.

dear pammyfay,

I remember your Izzie (and those samoyed puppies) well from the puppy bowl. I drove my husband crazy because I taped the whole thing on the dvr and kept fast forwarding to her scenes! I am so sorry for your loss and am sad to hear that you had only three short wonderful years with Izzie. I'll be sure to give my pup an extra hug for Izzie tonight.

Please accept our condolences. Izzie was a dear soul and made

us all smile. I'm sorry it was so sudden and unexpected.

Take care.

B'Shalom

Tara and the Wilk Pack

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss. May the memories of your three wonderful years together give you peace.

North Georgia, USA

Home to Miss Murphy-Cairn mix-born est. Dec.'07

Joined our family on June 16,'09

Dogs leave pawprints on your heart

So, so sorry to hear of the unexpected loss of your Izzie. Sounds like she had a wonderfuly fun life, albeit, too short. Peace to you.

Becky & Tanner

Such a shock. Too soon. I will hug my furkids tonight, and think of you and Izzie as I do so. My thoughts are with you.

We're so sorry to hear of Izzie's sudden passing. A sudden, unexpected end like that is just devestating for everyone. May Izzie eternally enjoy Heaven's "Puppy Bowl". God Bless :pray:

Jim

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

My heart goes out to you. I did not see the Puppy Bowl episode, but I'm sure she was a star -- and will continue to be in heaven. When you look at the sky tonight - look for the star with the special shine.

What a horrible shock for you. I am so sorry.... it just breaks my heart to read these stories. A hug to you and Izzie

:hug:

Until one has loved an animal, a part of  one's soul remains unawakened.  - Anatole France

Adventures with Sam &Rosie

sheila and Misty

I do remember the puppy bowl star! so young so sad but Im sure wherever she went she is still shining brightly.!

Im so very sorry to hear about Izzie. Please know I'm thinking of you. It tears my heart to read this.

Godspeed Izzie, you have earned your golden wings.

Beyond the Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,

I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.

I saw a wonderous image then of a place that's trouble-free

Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side

Were meadows rich and beautiful--lush and green and wide!

And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see

Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!

My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new

And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright

That this place is truly wondrful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.

'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold

And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,

We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.

So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart

If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

I am so sorry your sweet Izzie has passed. There is just no way one can ever prepare for the loss of such a young pup. My heart breaks for you.

Run with the angels, precious Izzie!

Melissa

I am so sorry to hear about Izzy, gone before her time...that is for sure.

Tracy

Tracy, Amos, Walter, Brattwrust & Mettwurst a.k.a The Gremlins

Oh my I'm so sorry, she was so young..............My heart cries for you, we know how you feel having lost our little 10 year old Daisy to stomach cancer just 6 mo ago. You will be in out thoughts and prayers!

Archived