CairnTalk

i love my puppy

i_love_my_puppy

Hi everyone, just found this forum and HAD to join! I've laughed so much reading all the posts because it's a relief to know that all the 'problems' i have with my mad cairn are quite 'normal' lol!! I'm from Scotland where the Cairn originated from and my husband and i recently bought a cairn called Flynn (the pic i used in my avatar is the day his ears stood up, he was 3 months old). He's a red brindle, now 5 months and has brought utter disruption, laughter and tears to our household! My husband had a cairn when he was growing up but i've always had larger dogs and even showed Dobermans. None of them have given me the problems this little Cairn has but like the rest of you owners, i wouldn't be without him :hug: . I'll be adding comments and joining in but just wanted to say "hello" first!!

Attached is a pic of the day we first got him at 8 1/2weeks old...he looks like butter wouldn't melt...hmmmm.....lol!

post-4374-1247586030.jpg

Oh he is cute! Welcome to Forum from an English Cairn owner!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

Welcome. I think you've already discovered how a Cairn can grab your

heart and never let go. I've had Cairns in my life continuously since 1983,

and wouldn't have it any other way.

Tara, Alpha B of the Wilk Pack

Max and Nelly
signature.jpg.1a2f02ae93418630654caf879c6d4783.jpg

Thanks so much for making me & Flynn feel so welcome...i love looking at all the photo's of everyones cairns too, this is a great place to be :thumbsup:

Welcome, you will love this site! Flynn is such an awesome name! He's a cutie and looks just like Taz when we brought him home at the same age. I loved the dark snout, but unfortunately for Taz, it's almost gone.

Welcome to the board from a fellow Glasgwegian :P

Flyn is a handsome wee boy ! I have a 7 month pup called Murphy. They are such handfuls but fantastic little dogs, there's never a dull moment with them around.

Do you constantly get asked what breed he is? It's funny what people think he is, a brown westie one lady told me lol

Cheers

Pam

Welcome to the board from a fellow Glasgwegian :P

Flyn is a handsome wee boy ! I have a 7 month pup called Murphy. They are such handfuls but fantastic little dogs, there's never a dull moment with them around.

Do you constantly get asked what breed he is? It's funny what people think he is, a brown westie one lady told me lol

Cheers

Pam

Hiya Pam - Murphy's gorgeous!!! Yessssssss, i'm ALWAYS being asked what breed he is haha!! I usually say half cairn half hyena :twisted: (see my post "separated at birth"). A lot of people think he's a german shepherd or a border terrier but i have to say a "brown westie" is the best yet lol!!! You're right too, they are wee handfuls, NEVER a dull moment but they get away with it when they look at you with those big brown eyes and then my heart just melts, typical cairn, he's got me right were he wants me wrapped around his paw haha!

yes ,yes, melt butter , melt your heart, and then go dig up the garden and give you the big hazels. Welcome and congratulations. Seems as tho there is a cairn puppy explosion going on is'nt it great.

Rich

Archived