CairnTalk

Sacramento family seeking a Cairn

Sorasdad

Hello everyone,

We are interested in getting a Cairn (preferably a puppy or young dog) as a family pet. We have two children (10 and 7). We have done our research and believe that a Cairn would be a great addition to our family. Do you have (or know of) any puppies/dogs available that would be a good fit? Any questions, referrals, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have registered with the option to be contacted by members via email.

Thanks in advance for taking the time and consideration,

John

I don't have a breeder in mind but I know there are quite a few in your area that I have met at shows. Most of them are members of the CTCNC. Here is a link to their website.

http://ctcnc.net/

You could get a good idea about the cairns in your area by attending a show. We enjoyed going to the show up in Grass Valley in late August. Here is a link to a list of them in CA.

http://www.infodog.com/panels/ca.htm

There is one in Long Beach on 6/19 if you get down there. Sadly we will not make it as we are headed North to visit family.

I am a fan of the breed, not a breeder. I hope you will find out how wonderful they are as I have and that one will join your family soon.

If you get a chance to educate yourself about puppy mills, please read and know that only responsible breeders truly care about both the dogs

and your family. I think the future of cairns (among others) depends on getting that word out.

Hi there - I just went through the process in finding a puppy. I am in the Bay Area. I can share what I learned with you regarding local (CA) puppies availalbe - email me if you are interested. I ended up going through a rescue and received Gracie ~ 2weeks ago. She is 16 weeks old today. :D

Archived