CairnTalk

Anyone Do Hand Stripping in Central Arkansas?

Wagage

In central Arkansas, EVERY groomer we ask about hand stripping acts like we're morons for asking. Most don't even know what we're talking about. They want to clip. That's all they do.

Does anyone do handstripping around Conway or Little Rock?

I haven't found any in central Missouri either, however my breeder and some of her breeder friends do it obviously. I don't think they do it as a business though. If you show up at some of the local shows, I'm sure some of them would be happy to help you learn how to strip. I've done that and it's amazing the things you learn.

I think there will be Cairns at Purina Farms on May 30 & 31st, outside of St. Louis. I think there will also be Cairns back at Purina Farms on June 13 & 14. I think that's on the schedule for my breeder. She was down in Arkansas earlier this year at a show, as well as in Springfield, MO. Check online for shows and just show up. You'll have fun and learn a lot!

Jandy and my Cairns, Kirby & Phinney 

Central Arkansas?!? I'm in Little Rock, and Cairns are few and far between! It's nice to know that someone else in central AR posts here. Anyway, I haven't really tried to find anyone to handstrip Sparky, but I think that's because I don't know if I trust anyone. I just do it myself. It's probably not the best job, but it's good enough.

If you ever feel like getting our Cairns together to play, I'm at the Murray Park dog park almost every weekend.

Sparky Jones & Scout Jones
ShannasCamera112-1-1.jpgSparkyScout-3-1.jpgScoutFloor-2.jpg

Archived