CairnTalk

BIG brag...

Lili

We had our first competition this past weekend. Our club was hosting, and we received over 50 dogs from all around Mexico. The weather was :censored:AWFUL (drizzle, damp and cold ALL the time), but the dogs didn't seem to mind. The owners that slipped big time did...

But it was a GREAT event, and a great opportunity for learning.

We entered EVERYTHING. Jumpers, Gambler, Snooker, Pairs, GrandPrix, Standard and Streeple Chase. All of it. We wanted to get out as much as possible.

Well, out of the 9 runs in total, I'd say Mushu had Whee attacks in 7 of them. Two of them, he didn't snap out of it and we got disqualified. But in other 5, after making me shout, wave, beg, and make a fool out of myself, he DECIDED to obbey and finished the course. :evil:

And in two of them, he was absolutely MARVELOUS!!! Unfortunately, one of them was pairs, and our partner dog got us disqualified. But Mushu completed his part with minor errors. Although, I just remembered he also had a little Whee attack there, but a small one, only at the beginning.

The gem for us was the 2nd day's Jumpers. Our coach gave me some really good pointers on "being the master. Showing who's in charge. Don't let the dog feel your nervousness", etc., and they seemed to work for than one. I got Mushu on down and stay for, oooh such a loooong while before they gave us the Go (they were changing heights, and then there was some trouble with one of the obstacles). But that was actually good, as he got very focused. We started our run and he was AWSOME!!! Jump, jump, jump, tunnel, jump.... We had a clean run.... until the very last jump, where we went past it, and when I wanted to bring him back, he jumped it backwards. AAARRGHH!!! We would had gotten our first Q!!!! In our first trial!!!!

But I was so very proud of him. He still managed to win 2 first places, 2 second places and one third place (out of 3 to 5 dogs, but still very valuable. At least we didn't get disqalified in every event.... only in those 3 I mentioned.

I really hope we are able to attend more trials. I'm soooo hooked, and am eager to get better at controling Mushu's Whee attacks and getting our first Q... hopefully in our next trial.

Here's some pics of my champion! :thumbsup:

post-1686-1237446550_thumb.jpg

post-1686-1237446560_thumb.jpg

Lili, Toño, Luisa, Gabo, and Mushu.

WOW! That is something to brag about! I am very impressed and proud. I love the action shot of him going over the jump! WELL DONE!!!

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

Very Nice! Congrats!! How lucky of u guys to have so many events.

We don't have many trials here. However, Cami just headed 4 hours south with a friend of ours who's partner was running a JRT ... we didn't go due to the new addition to the family ... but she did great - and our friend handled her well. Out of 4 events, got two 3rd places with Clean Runs in Jumpers with Weaves, and managed a 1st place in the Novice, but no clean run. Very tricky novice courses ... Got dis-q on the first Novice.

Sorry for the hijack, but its so good to hear about other cairns in agility. Here she is with her weekend haul, and Axle sharing her joy .. hee hee.

post-299-1237465135_thumb.jpg

post-299-1237465582_thumb.jpg

What clever dogs you both have!

love the action shots and the proud winners!

www.cairnterriertalk.co.uk

I love your enthusiasm for agility! Nice job.

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Here's the link to the video of our ALMOST clean run.

It's so good to watch yourself afterwards and see your mistakes. Now I realize I was one second late in giving Mushu the order to jump. That did it. But we're still very proud... :D

Enjoy! (I know we did! ;) )

I am very impressed! VERY!!! He did great! Scooter would probably pee on everything.

He is a good little boy, he listens to you so well. I am not sure Scooter would listen to me. I think I may give it a try with him. Sadie has bad a bad knee but she would be perfect for it. She is very motivated, I may try Rally with her.

Jess, Scooter, Sadie and Dozer

DSCN2419-1.jpg

It is funny when they wait untill you look like fool and then deside okay thats what i wanted you to do now I'll do my job. Congrats, and hope you have many Q runs.

Rich

Yup. That's exactly what I thought when I looked at myself in this video. :D

Hope he grows out of that... for my image's sake!

Archived