CairnTalk

Big Brag

Greg P

post-2067-1221441948_thumb.jpgKona completed his Canadian Senior Earthdog title on Saturday 9/13 to become the first American / Canadian titled Earthdog at the Senior Level. He has a Master title at the US level and now a Senior title in Canada.

The Canadian Senior test is very close to the U.S test with the exception of two eligible entrances (which creates a more complicated underground maze).

Here's his stats for the title run: 9 seconds to quarry. Started work immediately for the 90 seconds. Recall was 7 seconds. (The day before the recall was 6 seconds. His personal best is 4 seconds)

Today we had our first shot at the Master den. Canadian Masters tests have a more complicated tunnel and they relocate the quarry during the test. Kona found the first quarry den in fine time, but took too long to solve the puzzle on the relocation finding the second quarry den. He eventually found it and worked the required time. We were able to run again as the bye dog and he seems to have figured out the drill. It was fun watching the dogs work out the puzzle. They were working very hard at problem solving. I"m looking forward to the spring earthdog tests and on to the Masters dens in Canadian soil!

Chris Roberts with her Cairn Andi earned the first Cairn terrier Canadian Masters title this summer. The only other Canadian Master earthdog is a BC Border Terrier (Piper, a NW legend!).

So for now we'll call him Ch Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA Am. ME/Can. SE

Cairns ruled the weekend easily outperforming the Border terriers and Dachshunds. I encourage all NW cairnite earthdoggers to make the trek to Abbotsford, BC for the next Spring tests! Each test weekend contains 4 separate tests.

The photo is Kona kissing the judge (what a suck up!)

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Congratulations to Kona and Greg! We hope to make it up there one of these days.

Did the motorhome make it through okay this time?:twisted:

George

Archived