CairnTalk

CMO

Guest Stacey

Guest Stacey

Our new 4 month old Cairn puppy has been diagnosed with Craniomandibular Osteopathy (CMO). We were heartbroken, since we had him only ten days before this terrible diagnosis. He had 4 bad days with lots of pain, and about 4 days of lethargy with no pain. He is much better today - back to his old "tasmanian devil" self. Has anyone experience with this condition? How often will he be likely to experience an "episode". My vet has never treated this in her 20 years experience.

I'm sorry to hear about your little one's pain. There is some information on CMO on the HRC page of our web site (here). You've probably already looked at that. I'm sorry I don't have any personal expertise, and don't know how frequent the episodes are likely to be. I do offer my moral support, and thanks to you for looking after your little guy. I'm so glad you got it diagnosed so the symptoms can be treated.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Hi! I am so sorry to learn of your puppy's affliction - - it is hard when they are diagnosed so early in life but also helpful. I had a similar situation when my pup was diagnosed at that age with a "liver shunt" - - many hours of surgery and many dollars has resulted in an almost "normal" one year old!!!

I don't know anything about your dog's diagnosis - - I found the internet to be filled with enormous amounts of information - - - good luck!!!

Archived