CairnTalk

revolution medicine

mOmOfaBe

I have noticed that Abe seems a little listless and more prone to napping lately. It has been about a week since we started him on his revolution, could this be it? I have also noticed a slight decrease in his appetite, as well. But then at other times he plays and digs and roams as normal. Not sure what to think.

Mom of Abe

SignaturePics.jpg

What is revolution? I've never heard of it.

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

Oh, it's a flea/tick/heartworm combo. Piper is on Advantage for fleas/ticks and Interceptor for heartworm.

Kim,mama to furbaby, Piper 4/13/2003

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great Dane." ~ Smiley Blanton

Rebel is the same as Piper, he couldn't handle any of the others because of allergies

Liz

Rebel, Hammurabi, Sugar, Dirty Harry, Paint, Duncan and Saffron

Hi,

Mama Kim-I am glad to see other people got a chance to answer you before I got a chance to get back to the site.

Last summer Abe was a new boy, so we only used frontline for the remainder of the summer. He is a big boy now, and the vet recommended the Revolution. I am not real knowledgable about the product, but someone posted a site where you can check it out.

I didn't notice any severe reactions to the medicine, except for a little bit of lethargy about 24hours after we dosed him. Then right back to normal. This too is a monthly treatment process and plan to take him off the meds after summer comes to an end.

Happy Weekend to all.

mom of abe

SignaturePics.jpg

I have Molly on Revolution. She's six months old now and has been on it for a couple of months. Haven't seen any adverse reactions in her but the vet told me that you have to make sure to use only oatmeal shampoo. Other shampoos will wash it away. I try to treat her the same time every month and usually a couple of days after she's been bathed or groomed.

I had my last dog on Revolution, too. Used to do just Heartgard but changed when she caught sarcoptic mange. Poor thing suffered for awhile - we thought she had a food/skin allergy. One treatment of Rev will get rid of mange as well.

Here in FL with fleas, ticks and mosquitos all year around, Revolution has been a GODSEND!

Good luck - Jen

• 12 years later...

We have Tewcsby on Revolution and I've been finding fleas on him here and there - is this normal?

we're in Florida right now where there are lots of fleas.

Tewcsby's mom