From the AKC Events Statistics page:

Earthdog Statistics for Cairn Terriers:

JE - 11, SE- 4, ME - 2

JE - 13, SE - 4, ME - 7

JE - 15, SE - 12, ME - 3

JE - 14, SE - 6, ME - 1

JE - 9, SE - 4, ME - 0

JE - 14, SE - 4, ME - 5

In 2007, Border Terriers had the best Earthdog numbers: JE - 60, SE - 40, ME - 18.

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Greg, interesting stats. I know both my dogs would be successful, especially Jazz. But, I just can't seem to hook up with the right people here in Arizona to pursue that dream.

Jazz has the most impressive sense of smell, determination and competitive spirit. We have worked with her a bit on smells, and she isn't hesitant to go into our culvert to seek.

I guess I just need to spend more time trying to find a group that is responsive to my requests.

Thanks for the info.

TNA,

That's the spirit! More cairn owners need to have your dream!

I know there is an earthdog club called Arizona Earthdog Club. They held a test in April. You might check on local Dachshund Clubs. I find the Dachs clubs are big into holding ED events. Good luck. Once you start attending events, you'll find ED people friendly and willing to assist you and your dog.

Hmmmmm.

From looking through CTCA Yearbooks I found this interesting tidbit:

Between 2004 and 2007, 9 of the 12 Master Earthdogs came from .......drumroll........ OREGON!

I don't have the names of the Masters from 2002.

Our own Brad L had 2 Master ED's in that 2006 bunch.

Looks like we need more Cairnites getting their knees dirty!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

But, I just can't seem to hook up with the right people here in Arizona to pursue that dream.

I hope I'm not way out in left field here, but...

At the last Earthdog tests in Turner, OR, I was talking to one of the judges who (I think!!!) told me there were no (few?) Earthdog tests in Arizona due to Hanta virus concerns. For what it's worth, my memory ain't all it could be :confused:.

George

Thanks Greg and George. George I responded to your PM and am going to pursue the info. you provided.

Angela

Archived