CairnTalk

Father and Son "Double Q" Earthdog On Same Day!

Greg P

Kona%20and%20Stiller%20Double%20Q.jpg

Puget Sound Earthdog Club

May 17, 2008

Whidbey Island, WA.

Ch KinLoch's For What It's Worth RN ME (Sire, Stiller) and Ch Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME CGC (Son, Kona) both "Double Q'd" on the same day in Master Earthdog and Senior Earthdog.

I have to say, it was darn exciting! The only thing that I could think of that would have made it sweeter would have been for them to run as brace mates.

Does anyone know of any other cairn terrier Father/Son, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son, Mother/Daughter to "Double Q" in earthdog on the same day?

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

• 1 month later...

Thanks, TNA

Kona, the young whippersnapper on the right is mine. Stiller, on the left belongs to Kona's breeder. Kona is going to be daddy in a couple of days now. I'm dreaming about a 3 generation master earthdog photo!

Come to think of it, Brad L has a Stiller daughter who is also a master earthdog. It might be fun to round up Geordie, Stiller, Kona, and Stella for a 3 generation ME photo. Perhaps at the CRCTC specialty? It would also be cool to round up a few of the aunts and uncles and cousins as well! (Oliver, Rooty, Echo, Haggis, Mary, Fin, Griffin -- did I leave any out?) (There are other NW ME's but I'm trying to remember "family ties".

Geez, Brad L has 3 generations in the family (Haggis, Echo, Stella). Geordie the patriarch would make the 4th generation for Brad L.

At any rate, it's fun running as bracemates within the family!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Haggis and Geordie are littermates, so from my perspective Haggis is the patriarch for my crew; Geordie's the playboy Uncle :P

Here's the 3-generation pic I used in the yearbook. "The Family Business." Stella on the right is a Stiller daughter (and Haggis granddaughter).

3g.jpg

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Of course, Geordie and Haggis are brothers! I was rambling as I was writing. Those two studs have a regular herd of ME's.

I love that photo.

Greg and Val Perry

Brad that is a great photo. I'm jealous of all you that live so near eachother, that you can keep families ties alive and well. I also envy that you live in an area that has ED events. I've tried here in Arizona. The email address I got off something on the AKC page is incorrect. I'll just keep trying I guess.

Gorgeous family lines you guys have.

Well, first of all, Stella is "double whammied."Hagfish" and Geordie are BOTH her grandpas! Geordie has never attempted "Iron Dog." Haggis and Geordie were both prodigies, actually, but Geordie had a little more fortune in the bedroom, so to speak. (Or on the table of his Dr. Renee LaBordeThese two are so prepotent for the trait it is crazy. Geordie has a gazillion grandkids-- and I imagine EDs-- no not Erectile Dysfunction dogs who are MEs-- or almost MEs, but he is not wont to "bounce them on his stifle." Especially not the intact males. As for the girls, he remains a dirty old man.

post-4-1214601098_thumb.jpg

Both Haggis and Geordie were prodigies and their offspring tend to break their records in terms of age ME is earned. However, there were precious few tests in the olden days. . . Often two a year. Geordie was the first CTCA ME.

post-4-1214603713_thumb.jpg

post-4-1214604094_thumb.jpg

I don't doubt that the old lech still has an eye for the ladies, however, it is his ears that seem to be betraying him. I can't believe he agreed to dress up like Friar Tuck!:twisted:

How about it, Jill, I think Geordie, Oliver and Griffin could pull off a triple Double Q. If I've got this right we could include Stiller and Kona and go for a double triple Double Q. Now, there's some braggin' rights just waitin' to be claimed! Add a few more brothers and sisters and I think we could rule the uni----maybe I'll stop and ponder this a little more.

George

I also envy that you live in an area that has ED events. I've tried here in Arizona. The email address I got off something on the AKC page is incorrect. I'll just keep trying I guess.

TNA,

I can't vouch for this (I'm not a member) but maybe the ArizonaEarthdog Yahoo Group can help. There is recent activity there---I hope it's not just spammers.

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/Arizona...group&slk=2

George

George, Triple Double Q? Double Triple double Q? Man, we might be on to something here.

Nice seeing you Jill!

When it comes to the ladies, Geordie is as smmmooooth as silk. Son, (Don Juan) Stiller's reputation as a ladies man in legendary. Kona will be handing out cigars in just a few days now......

Since the big moment, he's been struttin' on his toes!

Would still like to see as many ME from the line in a photo as possible.

Greg and Val Perry

so does this mean greg and brad are related? via stiller?

GREAT picture of father and son. why do cairns always grin for the camera?

Thanks PK,

Cairns are especially happy at earthdog.

As for Brad and Greg being related via Stiller. I'm not sure how to take that, LOL!

But, as I said, Stiller's prowress was legendary. (Notice I said "was"). Little guy still gets that gleam in his eye when a pretty one walks by.

Stiller is one of the funnest cairns to be around on the planet. He's a character! (This is true of most of the dogs in this line ....but Stiller could be considered the poster pup of cairn clown.)

Greg and Val Perry

Archived