CairnTalk

Mushu's first agility class

Lili

I took Mushu to his first official agility class. We went to a tryout before, with only one of the two trainers, and I brought my husband and two young kids, so that one was more to get a taste, which we liked, of course. But today was his official first class.

In no time he learned the single jump and eights on a jump, sequence of 3 jumps (those where on the tryout), to get on the table and sit, he learned the tunnel, and then did a sequence of tunnel and jump, sitting at the beginning and at the end.

Both trainers were amazed. Even him (it is a married couple who are beginning with all of this in Monterrey), who seeps pretty esceptic, ended up commenting on Mushu's smartness and speed. I, of course, was so proud of my little Mushurusco... I wasn't expecting it, but teaching him tricks in sequence paid off today. I had already taugth him to sit, down, stay, shake a paw and roll over, and did all of these in different sequences. Today he got the idea of sequencing perfectly.

But what I liked the most was seeing him enjoying it so much. I always felt I was failing at helping him get all of his energy out. Even running 3 km. as many mornings a week as I can (which is usually 2 or 3), or taking him to the park at the end of the street, or to the dog park... He usually returned home only to start doing laps in the living room... Today he was exhausted!!!

So I can say we are both officially hooked. All within our possibilities, but I think we'll be taking this seriously...

Just wanted to share...

Muchos saludos y bonita semana!

Lili, Toño, Luisa, Gabo, and Mushu.

Archived