CairnTalk

New Rally Advanced Title!

Greg P

Val and Kona "Q'd" both days in Seattle for Kona's Rally Advanced Title!

On Saturday he was in a near perfect run when an elderly woman wheeled up quickly in her chair right up to ring side. Kona looked toward her and she called out "good boy"!!!!

It took Val a few moments to bring him back. Despite this, his score was an 87 and he earned a 4th place ribbon.

Val says she's on to Rally Excellent.

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Congratulations to Val and Kona on a fine weekend performance.

We had a pretty rough weekend at Turner. Griffin Qd in Masters on Saturday but completely missed the rats in Senior. Came back today and didn't find the rats in in either event. Oh well, maybe next time.

George

Congrats on your new rally title! Did you find out from the judge where you lost your points? I can't understand why Kona would have lost that many on the distraction especially if you were between exercises. I would have assumed the judge would have taken the distraction into consideration, unless he/she did not hear it. I would have not been happy thats for sure! (with the distraction)

Greg:

I mentioned the Rally scenario to my obedience instructor and she said the judge could have NQ'd and even excused Kona from the ring for double handling even though you did not know the woman in the wheel chair. The judge would not know that and "Good boy" could be construed as training from the sidelines..hence the double handling. Hopefully someone will tell this woman that if she attends obedience trials in the future, she needs to keep her opinions to herself! In a regular obedience ring, it most likely would have resulted in an NQ.

Thanks!

Yes, it was wierd. She was very elderly and was pushed up to the ring edge by someone else. The judge actually did not hear hear the woman speak. The lady close to her at ringside did say something to her. It was just one of those things.... I think the poor dear probably got embarrassed. She just wanted to see the cute doggie.

On Sunday, again he did well. He scored in low 80's. The judge nicked him 10 points on missing the 280. I saw it....Val knows she did it....but the judge somehow missed it!

She was so happy to pass she didn't gripe.

He is doing very well. We'll keep him active in Rally to earn some placements. I think Val can get a 100 with him one day.

George,

Turner is like spring training. You have one of the best earthdogs on the W. coast. He'll be fine.

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Archived