CairnTalk

Training

Guest Jennifer

Guest Jennifer

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has some helpful information about getting my cairn used to his collar. He absolutely hates it!! He is progressing some each day but very slowly. I just didn't know if there is anything else I can do. He could care less if I try to play with him, feed him, or give him a treat. All he does is sleep and ignore me. He is very headstrong, and when the collar is on he looks so sad. I try to keep it on longer and longer each day, but sometimes he just looks so pitiful I have to take it off of him.

Any information would be very helpful. Thanks Jenn ;)

Hi! Riley was the same way when I first tried to "collar" him!!! I ended up using a cat's collar which is made of a stretchy cotton material to get him used to having something around his neck. The material is light weight and the collar was almost non-existent but it gave him a sense of having one on - - also I would attach his leash to it and walk him. Eventually he outgrew this and I put a regular collar on him with no problem!! Might be worth a try!

Archived