CairnTalk

Alpha Female Aggression

Clyde59

I have an extremely aggressive 8 mo. old female Cairn named Roxy. It is my daughter's dog but we have "inherited" it. I also have a 6 yr old male Bichon and 9 yr old Springer Spaniel. Roxy has "attacked" my Bichon several times and over the weekend hurt him severely. I had to make an emergency vet visit on Sunday with him. He was injured on his neck and in severe pain. Roxy was punished and locked in her crate for several hours. She has become increasingly aggressive over the past 3 months and I'm very concerned. She is not fixed and the vet advised that she could become even more aggressive if she is. I need help!

Guest Guest

Dear Clyde59...Its been my experience (having owned two females for over ten years)...they don't get along with other dogs. Both of my dogs (which I didn't have at the same time) only got along with my friends dog because we went for long walks together. Any other dog she met would be sniffed with a friendly tail wag then the growl and loud yapping...she would act as if someone was trying to kill her. Other then dogs...they loved everyone else they came in contact with. (except the postal person who always makes a loud noise out side the front door when the mail box is slammed shut) Good luck with your dog, Peggy

Archived