CairnTalk

First Night For New Home

Howard

Hello,

My wife and I brought our new puppy home. He is 10 weeks old and has been up till this time with his 6 brothers. He was active on the drive home(3hrs) and played explored then went to his crate and didn't make a noise all night. Today he seems a bit punkish. Is this a adjustment period or missing his sibling thing?

Congratulations on your new puppy. He's from a litter of seven males? He may indeed be missing the old gang or he may just be tired from the excitement of it all. I assume you have an appointment with your vet for a 'well puppy' exam? If not, I recommend it on general principle. Some contracts require it - to satisfy both yourself and the breeder that the puppy is healthy and off to a good start. Plus it's never too soon to begin a good relationship between your puppy and a vet you respect and can trust.

I expect he'll be terrier-izing your house in no time at all. Enjoy!

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Congratulations on your new addition! What have you named your pup?

I think you're off to a great start that he went to his crate and did well all night. That's a milestone in itself. I think if I had six brothers I'd be a little sad too. Having a new puppy visit with the vet is an absolute must, not only for your own peace of mind but for the puppy.

Welcome to the group. There is tons of great advice.

And Bradl???? ROTFLMAO @ the terrier-izing. Soooo true! :devil:

Well his name is Gizmo. The next day he laid in his crate till noon. He came out ate a little diced up chicken with some dog food . He's been running around since then.

My wife and I took him to the vet for a check up. Everything went fine. He stood there in a perfect stance the whole time. The vet commented on his behavior.

what a awesome little dog!

Archived