CairnTalk

Spring earthdog

Greg P

post-2067-1178516802_thumb.jpgpost-2067-1178516816_thumb.jpgpost-2067-1178516392_thumb.jpgpost-2067-1178516331_thumb.jpgpost-2067-1178516368_thumb.jpg[attachment

1732:IMG_3223.JPG]

In the last run for the year in 2006, Kona qualified for his first senior earthdog leg. Of course we came in to our first earthdog event of this year, 2007, just knowing that we would walk away with a new title after his first 2 runs.

Right.......

We back on earth having gone 0 for 2. He did well enough, doing everything he should.....except for one thing. He liked the false entrance both days. Oh well, more adventures await.

Hattie had her first Jr. run today, and did pretty good. She's close to putting it all together.

Our first earthdog event this year on Whidbey Island was a lot of fun for both human and canine. There were over 90 entries. Only about 10 cairns, lots of borders, a couple of other terrier breeds and dachshunds. The dogs seemed rusty and on the first day most of the seniors used the false entrance.

We have 2 more weekends coming up in May (Turner next week and Whidbey later in May). Hopefully we'll put it together!

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

They keep us humble! Looking forward to see you guys this weekend in Turner. Dens went in on Saturday - Master/Senior will be out in the Cottonwood grove so the dogs will have a lovely hunt-up. You'll be pleased to know that the false exit is also somewhat hidden with respect to the main entrance. After a couple years using a devilish layout requiring a blind turn to the quarry and with a fast-track to the false exit, we're using a head-bangers layout this year (all turns are at T's with no blind alleys) :P

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Brad,

We'll be down on Sunday. We have a club event on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing the OR group.

Greg

Greg and Val Perry

Home of Kula RN CGC, Am. Can. Int'l. CH Cairngorm Coffee Tea or Me RA ME EE2/Can. SE NAJ NAS CGC (Kona), CH Clanmarr's Steele Princess (Hattie) and CH Scotchbroom Thistle The Patriot SE (Sully) Visit: CroftersDream.com

Archived