CairnTalk

photos

jimnconnie

Can someone please help me ! I am having a terrible time trying to post photos. We just got a beautiful 1yr. old Cairn, Sophie, and I want to show her off! Every photo I try to post is to big, and I don't know how to reduce the size, other than cropping it which loses so much of the picture. I don't have a website, so I need to select a photo from my desktop. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks, Jim

Jim, Connie, Bailey & Sophie

FLOWERCHILD-1-1.jpgBAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002-1.jpg

Hi!

The only way I was successful at uploading pictures is this:

1. Go to www.photobucket.com and set up a free account with user name and password.

2. Upload your pictures onto Photobucket from your desktop. (You can also upload video from a digital video camera or digital snapshot camera!

3. When you want to add a picture in a post you are composing, open an extra browser window and log on to Photobucket in that window.

4. Copy the IMG code for the picture you want, then go to your forum window and to the composed post and paste the IMG code into the post. When the photo shows in your post after you are done, it is reduced and the reader has the option of clicking on it to see a larger version.

It's pretty easy! I am sure there are other ways, but this is the only way that worked for me, probably because I am on a Mac and not a PC!

Good luck!

All creatures great and small, the Lord God, He made them all!

You can resize the photos through photobucket, too. After you upload - click on edit, then click on resize. You'll have to do this for each picture. It will give you several options to choose from (avatar, website, etc.) and the sizes. It shouldn't distort your photo and you won't have to crop anything out.

O.K., here's my attempt to post photos of our new Cairn, Sophie, a beautiful silver/black/brindle 1yr. old. We brought her home Sunday 04/22/07, and she & Bailey, our 3.5 yr. old handsome red boy, are getting to know each other. So far, so good, except for one rather serious fight over a bone that we brought with Sophie from the Breeder. Big mistake!! Bailey's father, and Sophie's father are half-brothers, so I guess that makes him her uncle (sort of). Also, his father is her grandfather. How would you ike to map-out that family tree!! Thanks to Barney's Mom, Sarah, and Bradl for help on the photo process, I hope I did it right!

BAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07002.jpg

I couldn't get more than 1 photo on the previous post, so here's one of them before the fight! Really, they've been fine since that one incident. They are just playing in the picture. Hopefully, they will figure out who's the Alpha in the next few days!

BAILEYSOPHIE4-22-07011.jpg

You got it! :thumbsup:

Tip: You can only fit one image in per post because the images are still really pretty large both in dimension (1024 x 768) and file size (220KB). A good size for an embedded picture in a forum is probably in the 250-500 pixel wide range. As you scale the image down, the file size gets smaller, too, and the forum software will let you add more pictures in a single post.

Have fun posting - pictures are very popular :)

Note: this topic has been moved to forum support.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived