CairnTalk

Canine anaplasmosis

PeppersMom

The actual test was $52. I paid $15 for the blood draw and $18 for Express Mail overnight. It was well worth it! Plus I was emailed preliminary and final results adn I was called by the vet twice with recommendations and results.

Wow!!! That's amazing!

I'd like to add my congratulations to Pepper is doing so much better. What great news to read.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Praise God. I think we are a huge Cairn family and we worry about others as we would our own. I am so glad to see Pepper is getting better and we will continue to pray for a healthy recovery.

Great news!! glad to hear that Pepper is doing much better, I know is hearbreaking to see them sick!!

We are having the blood work done again next week after he is done with the antibiotics. I trained him last night and excuse the pun but he was very Peppy! I even had him do high jumps and he did just fine. All the swelling from the prednisone is down and he looks great!

This is WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy for Pepper and the family. Cairns are very strong little guys/gals but it takes responable pet owners to get to the bottom of the illness and get the proper care just like you both did. Hats off to the both of you. Way to go Pepper..........Keep up the jumping!!!!

Rhonda,Kramer & Angel Missy "Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog". "It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" Missy Rainbow Bridge Memorial
/>http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/memorium/missy2.htm

Our second set of California test results came back and Pepper's platelets are rising on their own. The count is still on the low end, but showing improvement on no prednisone and no azathioprine. He still tests positve for the tick disease and he will for some months. Its stays in the system I guess. He is showing no organ damage from being bombarded with all those drugs. Thanks to all who showed concern to us over this. It goes to show it is always good to get a second opinion!

I'm so pleased that Pepper is continuing to improve. The past month must have been tough for you and Pepper.

ctdogs.jpg

I'm so happy Pepper is feeling better!

I love the picture you have of Pepper. Did you take it yourself?

Archived