CairnTalk

How To Stop Eating "#2's"

Scully'sMom

Does anyone have ideas on how to stop this? Scully goes for it before we can get outside to clean it up. We've had three bouts of her getting diarrhea and/or throwing up and I think it's coming from this.

I like Lynda's approach in the one of the other puppy-eating-poop threads:

http://www.cairnterrier.org/forum/index.ph...findpost&p=2002

We too literally follow them around the yard. They don't get to go unsupervised if this ia problem. Maybe we're just lucky but we've never had more than a couple of episodes.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

We have only recently been experieicing this problem now that it has been very cold. Cody seems to like it only when frozen (?) :huh: . Luckily, we have him on a very good schedule in that he almost always goes first thing in the morning and later when we arrive home from work. We simply go out with him and pick it up when he is finished. Most other times that he is out, it is just to do #1 or simply to be outside so we don't worry as much. In the long run, I understand that it is potentially unhealthy to leave it (#2) around outside when the temperatures are warm anyway. It also makes it easier than going around once a week and picking up a bag full of it. We pick up the pile, bring it in and simply flush it.

Archived