CairnTalk

Reminder regarding cross-posting

bradl

Administrative Intermission (not related to any previous posts)

As you might imagine, the awful food recall situation is a topic of considerable interest (to put it mildly) on virtually every pet-related email list, blog, discussion forum, and other online outlet. As the pace of updates and email forwards and so on increases around the Internet regarding this dreadful mess, I would like to take a moment to preemptively remind us all of one forum guideline in particular:

Be original

Cairn Talk is for discussion and your contributions should be specific to this forum. Do not cut-and-paste lengthy messages from other websites or lists. If you want to use a lengthy article elsewhere as the basis of discussion that is fine - simply link to it - quoting a paragraph or two for context is fine. Note: if you ever receive an email urging you to post something to every source you know, absolutely do not post it to Cairn Talk.

Again, there have been NO PROBLEMS in the recent topics and good information is being shared. THANK YOU. I only post this reminder because I'm beginning to see posts in other venues of the "cross-post this message everywhere!!!!!" variety and felt it would be better to point out now that those sorts of messages are explicitly out of bounds. Hopefully this will spare some hurt feelings later on, by not having to delete a well-intentioned cross-post.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Archived