CairnTalk

Bedding For Aggressive Chewers?

wags

Sure, that's easy. No bedding at all until he matures a bit.

We backed all the way up to a simple (empty) pillowcase when our oldest girl (as a puppy) disassembled and/or shredded every bit of bedding she got. Once we found a weird coil of wire over a foot long and realized that she had completely disassembled a zipper!

Other ideas: astroturf, indoor/outdoor carpet samples, hard rubber floor runner, hard vinyl floor runners. But if they get shredded, back to bare crate floor. It's just a phase. Probably.

CAIRNTALK: Questions? Need help? → Support Forum Please do not use PMs for tech support
CRCTC: Columbia River Cairn Terrier Club 

Thanks. Brad. We did that for a while. But then last week, we put a bed back in because he cried at bedtime.

-as an aside, last night he was up at 11:00. so we opened his crate and put it in the kitchen pen. When he cried, I gave him water.

He was up again at 3:00.

I was so tired I didn't even mind his sleeping beside me on the floor. But when I lay down, he played with my bedding. So I put him back in his pen, where he finally fell asleep.

Any advice about that,

for the future? Thanks.

Archived