CairnTalk

Clicker Training

Jodie

Hey all,

I was wondering anyone out there has done clicker training with their cairn's? Sam and I did a basic train class in the fall and i was looking for a new class for the spring and was encouraged by some fellow dog owning friends to look into clicker training.

Also, will the clicker be useful with my cairn if we decide to do agility or earthdog training? (the sporting board seems to suggest that agility is really good for cairns :-))

Thanks for any advice :-)

-Jodie

Hi Jodie-

I have not done clicker training with my cairn but I have done it with horses and it's very useful. It's great to not have to be right next to the animal to reward them and they also start using the click as their reward instead of food or a pat (although those are welcome too! :) ). Clickers are great for high energy level horses so I assume they would be good for our dogs! Good luck and let us know how your class turns out!

-Cat

Archived